With each new developer beta version coming out we get closer to the release of public beta version of IOS 16. On July 6th 2022 Apple released a new beta version of iOS 16. With the release of iOS 16 beta 3 we may soon expect the release of the public beta version. According to Marg Gurman Bloomberg reporter, Apple has set the stage for public beta release and we will soon get iOS16 beta version by 11th July 2022. IOS 16 beta 3 is currently available to download on Apple’s site for the developers. As expected the beta version comes with a bang. It is going to include some new features which weren’t listed before on any version of iOS software.
IOS 16 beta 3 changes
Before we could get the public beta version, the developers beta gives us the hints and peaks at the features which soon we will get on our iPhones. IOS 26 beta 3 is going to include entirely new features as well as the arrival of some potential release first teased during Apple’s iOS 16 preview.
It’s also worth noting that changes and improvements aren’t always linear, especially in early beta releases. This implies that something that worked in iOS 16 beta 2 may no longer work in iOS 16 beta 3. In addition, as I have always said, beta versions can be used only at your own risk, I would rather suggest you to wait for the official release of any software update.
- Lockdown Mode: This mode is known as security measure that should only be used if you believe you are being watched. When you enable it, attachments in Messages, including links, are disabled, certain web technologies are blocked, FaceTime calls and requests from strangers sent through Apple services are blocked, and other features are disabled.
- Shared Library: iCloud shared library is introduced with iOS 16 developers beta version. It allows us to share photos and videos automatically / manually with our friends and family up to 6 people via cloud. You fill find this feature in the settings app under Photos.
- Wallpapers: A new clownfish wallpaper have been added. You can find the similarities of this wallpaper as it is the same one that Steve Jobs previewed back in 2007 with the release of first iPhone. This wallpaper, however, is not appearing for everyone.
- Fonts: iOS 16 beta 3 includes 2 new font. Earlier we only had 6 fonts to choose from, now we will be getting 8 fonts option.
- AFib History Health App: The Health app now supports AFib history. This feature, which was first announced at WWDC, allows you to view your AFib data from Apple Watch over time to detect when a person is experiencing irregular heart rates and for how long.
- Reminders app: The Reminders app now has a new setting that allows you to include both overdue and due today task in badge that will appear over the app’s icon.
- Wallet app: The Wallet app now brings support to virtual cards with iOS 16 beta 3 version. You can use virtual cards saved in Safari with Apple Pay.
Developers beta 3 of iOS 16 is out for you to download. Go grab your beta versions do that you can get to use these exciting new features. Also, let us know in the comment section what are the other new changes that you have noticed?
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.