Apple’s Family Sharing is the most valuable feature that Android users are lacking. It allows users to share iCloud+, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Fitness+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade. Since many people use Apple TV, iPhone users want to share Apple TV with family.
The family Sharing feature only works for Apple product users. Once Apple device users can create a Family Sharing group and invite others to enjoy subscriptions. Once you set up family sharing, everyone can access the apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books that family members buy. Let’s find out how to share Apple TV with multiple users.
How To Share Apple TV With Family and Friends
Before you head over to the process to add family members to access Apple TV, you must have set up Family Sharing.
How to Set Up Family Sharing on iPhone or iPad
- Open Settings app.
- Next, tap on your name or profile.
- Tap on Family Sharing.
- Up next, tap on Add Member.
- Fill up the family member’s name and email and follow the screen.
- Then, you need to choose Messages or invite them in person to join the group.
Once you have created a Family Sharing group, you can share Apple TV with family and friends. Let’s check out the process.
How To Share Apple TV+ With Family and Friends
- Launch Settings app on Apple TV.
- Go to Users and Accounts.
- Tap on Add New User.
- Enter the new Apple ID.
You can also add a family member to Apple TV using the Home app. But make sure that you have added Apple TV to a room on the network controlled by the Home app.
- Open the Home app.
- Tap on the Home icon at the top left corner.
- Tap on Invite and enter the Apple ID of the other user and then tap on Sent invite.
- The other user should tap on Accept, Home icon, their name, and then tap on Show Me on Apple TV.
- That’s it.
Now you switch, change, edit or remove any family member from Apple TV under the Apple TV Settings > Users and Accounts section.
So this article was about how to set up Family Member and share Apple TV with them. Just like Apple TV, you can also share iTunes, Apple Books, and App Store purchases, and a family photo album. Apple has also rolled out SharePlay to watch movies or listen music together.