What if you accidently dropped your iphone into the pool while clicking pictures or you took your phone in shower or you phone was in your pocket when it started raining. There could be many reason that your phone gwt wet and start cting differently. Obviously there are precaution you will be taking to get water out of your devices system. In this article I am going to guide you through the steps of what you should do to get water out of charging port or you iphone got wet and need to soak the water.
NOTE: When you surf the internet trying to find a suitable solution you will find a lot of bad advice to cure water- damaged smart phones. Most of this advice does nothing to repair your device and, in some cases, may even cause more damage! So be aware of those sites who guides you towards wrong path. Don’t follow everything you see on internet.
What does the presence of water in the charging port imply?
When you connect your iPhone to charging cable and an alert like “Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector” appears on your device, it means that either your phone’s charging port is wet and moist or the charging cable is wet or moist.
What should you do if the charging port or a lightning accessory is wet?
- To begin with, you need to disconnect all cables and accessories from your iPhone and do not reconnect them until your iPhone is completely dry.
- Tap your iPhone gently on your hand with the lightning connector facing down to remove excess liquid.
- Try charging with a Lightning cable or connecting a Lightning accessory after at least 30 minutes.
- If you continue to receive an alert, liquid is still present in the lightning port or under the pins of your lightning cable.
- Allow your iPhone to sit in a dry area for up to a day. You can try charging or connecting a lightning item again during this time. It may take up to 24 hours to completely dry.
What should you not do if the charging port or a lightning accessory is wet?
Here are some things you should not do if you want to get water out of the charging port:
- To dry your iPhone, do not use compressed air or an external heat source such as hairdryer.
- It is not recommended to insert a foreign / outside object, such as a cotton swab, napkin or a paper towel, into the lightning connector to soak in the water.
- Do not put your iPhone in a rice bag. This could result in minor rice particles damaging your iPhone.
- Do not put you iPhone in cat litter, or silica gel packets.
What if your iPhone is waterproof?
Most smart phones on the market today are water-resistant. However, just because your phone is water- resistant that does not mean it is immune to liquid damage. So, if metal component comes in contact with any kind of liquid form, then it will stop working properly. Same goes with the charging port as well. So, when coming in contact with water or any other liquid the internal part such as charging port may get damaged if immediate action is not taken.
Note that waterproof phones are yet not available in the market. There is a huge difference in being water resistance and being water proof.
There are other methods which you can try. You may try using online tools which helps you to fix water damage issue on your iphone.Other than that you can try to repair the water damaged issue on your iphone. If it were up to me, I would let the phone dry out completely before taking any precautions. And if the matter gets seriously directly contact apple support or go to the nearby apple store to resolve this issue.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.