Wallpapers On iOS 16 came with a whole lot of customization features for the iPhone’s lock screen. After you upgrade to iOS 16, you will get the option to create multiple lock screens, switch between them, and customize them as per your liking.
However, not everyone is happy with these lock screen options. If you don’t want to have any lock screen wallpaper, no issues. You can delete them by following a few easy steps. To know how to go about it, give this post a read.
Delete Wallpapers On iOS 16
The interface of the iPhone’s lock screen gallery is somewhat similar to Apple Watch. If you have an Apple Watch, you will know it better.
To delete wallpapers on iOS 16, you must follow these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is unlock your iPhone using Face ID or Touch ID.
- Press and hold the Lock Screen button to open the wallpaper gallery.
- Select the wallpaper you want to delete.
- Swipe your fingers upward on the wallpaper you just picked.
- You will see a red trash can icon appear on the screen. Tap on it.
- Select ‘Delete’ as soon as the prompt appears.
How to replace the existing wallpaper without deleting it?
Instead of adding new wallpapers to your lock screen, you can replace your existing wallpaper with a new one. The good thing is that you can customize both your home screen and lock screen wallpapers separately. We have discussed the steps for both in the section below.
Replace your home screen wallpaper:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select ‘Wallpaper.’
- You will be taken to a new page, where you will see the previews of your home screen on the right side.
- Select the option ‘Customise.’
- A new pop-up will show on the screen where you must select the option ‘Customise Current Wallpaper.’
- You will see a lot of customization options. Make the changes you want and move to the next step.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap ‘Photos.’
- You will be taken to your iPhone library. Here you can choose a background of your choice and set it as your new home screen wallpaper.
- After you are done, select ‘Done.’
- The selected background will appear inside the Customise screen. Tap ‘Done’ once again.
That’s it, you are done. You have successfully replaced your existing wallpaper without deleting it.
Replace your lock screen wallpaper:
- You need to unlock your iPhone by pressing the Side button and showing your face to your phone. Once the screen is unlocked, stay there and don’t go to the home screen.
- Long-press anywhere on your lock screen to enter the edit mode.
- Select ‘Customise.’ You will find this option at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you reach the Customise screen, you will see all the lock screen elements in a single box on the top of the screen.
- Go to the bottom left corner of your screen and select ‘Pictures Icon.’
- The iPhone library will open. Now select a background picture that you like.
- The selected picture will appear in the Customise screen.
- Adjust or reposition the wallpaper using two fingers.
- Once you are done, select ‘Done.’
- You will be shown two options – ‘Set as Wallpaper Pair’ and ‘Customise Home Screen.’ If you choose the former, the same picture will be used for both your lock screen and home screen. If you choose the latter, it will allow you to customize your home screen wallpaper separately.
Trying out the new customization options in iOS 16 is fun. You can set multiple lock screens, change wallpapers, and more. If you are not satisfied with your phone’s wallpaper, you can get rid of it by following the steps explained in this guide.