With iOS 16 only a few weeks away from its release, Apple still has plans for iOS 15. I know we all now await the big release of iOS 16, but till the time of its release we have to follow the trail put up by Apple. Apple began iOS 15.6, iPadOS 15.6 beta testing just days after iOS 15.5 was released. The most recent report we discovered on iOS 15.6, which is now in development but is expected to be released in the coming weeks, this release appears to address this issue which users are having on iOS 15. As currently the majority of the focus is now on iOS 16, which Apple introduced at WWDC in June. We don’t foresee any big new features in iOS 15.6, and none have been discovered throughout the beta testing phase. Instead, it appears that this is mostly a bug patch and security update release only.
What’s new on iOS 15.6
So yet, no notable new features have been uncovered in the iOS 15.6 beta. This version appears to be primarily focused on bug repairs and security improvements. According to Aaron Zollo on Twitter, the iOS 15.6 beta resolves an issue that caused Apple Music to be added to the dock and replaced Spotify and other applications upon download. We can summon up by saying that there are no new features that we will be getting with iOS 15.6, just some bugs and security fixes.
Here is the list of fixes we may anticipate on getting with iOS 15.6 update.
- Apple Music: There was a problem where Apple music was kicking off other apps while reinstalling from the App Store. This problem will be fixed in iOS 15.6 beta 2, and the app will now show on the home screen instead.
- Accessibility: Apple teased a number of enhancements coming to its devices later this year in May for World Accessibility Day, and we assume that iOS 15.6 would have some of them. The most fascinating accessibility improvements revealed by Apple include Live Captions for social networking and video applications, including FaceTime, that effectively enable real-time closed captioning for anyone who has hearing impairments.
- Siri: A Siri Pause Time allows you control how long Siri waits before responding to you handy if you have a speech issue.
- Door Detection: A door detection function that employs sensors on Apple devices to warn users to doors when they’re in an unfamiliar environment.
- Shortcuts is also mentioned in the beta, which could mean that we will be getting at least minor changes and fixes in this.
- Furthermore, iOS 15.6 appears to offer a possibility to disable the standard keyboard’s emoji search button.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.