New iOS version releases often bring with them new features and surprises, and iOS 16 is no exception. Talking about recent changes and features ofiOS 16, Apple finally allows locking Hidden and Recently Deleted albums in the Photos app with your iPhone passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID. There is no need for extra software, and everything can be done through the settings. Earlier users had an option to hide photos from their gallery, but that was easily accessible to anyone as it hidden album folder has no locks and was visible in the photos app. After a while users got option to hide the hidden folder from the photos app but it meant that whenever you want to access the hidden folder you need to first enable it from the settings app. It was too much of a hassle.
With iOS 16 Apple came up with a solution to all these problems by adding a lock to the hidden album folder. With this lock, no one but you will have access to this folder and you won’t even have to hide it from the photos application. There is also an option to disable authentication if you wish to keep them unlocked. You are also getting a lock option for the recently deleted albums, but unfortunately, like hidden albumsAC you don’t have the option to disable the lock for it currently.
How to lock hidden photos on iPhone iOS 16
If your hidden album contains photos of personal memories or significant scans, it’s a good idea to make it private. When you need to unlock and give over your phone to someone to see images, you may need to lock the hidden photos album on your iPhone. At the same time, you don’t want them looking through your private images.
In order to lock hidden photos on your iPhone device, you will first need to add a screen lock on your device. If you have a screen lock on your iPhone then you may skip the 1st step and continue from the 2nd step.
- Set a screen lock password by going to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Settings > Face ID and passcode > Enable passcode.
- Go to photos in the settings app.
- Locate usingthe passcode option. If you are using face ID or touch ID then instead of the passcode option you will see use face ID / touch ID.
- Enable the use passcode / face ID/ TouchID option.
- Go to the photos app on your iPhone.
- Locate a hidden album in the photos app.
- You will see a lock icon on the hidden album.
- Click on the album to open it.
- You will be asked to enter your passcode or face ID.
- Enter the passcode/ face ID to open the folder.
By following these steps your hidden album as well as your recently deleted album will be locked and can be accessed by you only if you are using a face ID or touch ID. With this lock system, you can rest assured that no one will be able to access your hidden photos without your permission.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.