Apple has been known for giving hassle free experience to its customers since its very inception. But once in a blue moon some consumers might face some issues. Not being able to turn on the iPhone XS Max is one such issue. Sometimes because of hardware or software glitches, sometimes due to not enough charge your iPhone XS Max might give you a hard time turning on or there might be various other reasons as well. If you are having trouble switching on your iPhone XS Max, here are some steps you could try in order to solve the issue.
How To Fix iPhone XS Max Won’t Turn ON
Method 1: SEE IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE –
There is always a possibility of damage to your phone. Check if there is any physical damage or any liquid has entered the system in any way. This might lead to the iPhone XS Max not turning on. There might be chances of internal hardware damage or simply the display being damaged because of any kind of liquid being spilled on the iPhone. Check and if there has been a spillage accidently, contact your nearest Apple store.
Method 2:FORCE TURN ON iPHONE XS MAX –
You can always try to force your iPhone XS Max to turn on if it is causing trouble in doing so. You can just follow these simple steps in order to do so.
- Hold and release the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” button one by one.
- Hold your “Sleep/Wake” button for more than five seconds and let go of the button only when the Apple logo pops up on the screen.
This can surely force your iPhone XS Max to turn on if there is not any serious damage to the system.
Method 3: CHARGE IT –
Sometimes your iPhone XS Max might give you a hard time switching on just because you have not charged it enough and possibly the battery is drained out. Connect it to a power source and let it charge for a while. Wait till it charges at least halfway, that is, 50% before turning it on.
Method 4: RESTORE WITH iTUNES –
You can always restore your iPhone with the help of iTunes. If there are some processor or iOS issues that are causing your iPhone to not turn on this is the best way to bring it back in form. If your iPhone XS Max is not responsive, try restoring it with DFU mode with just following these simple steps.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer through a USB cable and launch iTunes on the computer.
- Tap the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” button quickly one by one. Hold the “Sleep/Wake” button for more than five seconds until the screen goes off.
- Now keep the “Volume Down” and “Sleep/Wake” pressed together for not less than five seconds. Release the “Sleep/Wake” button and keep pressing the “Volume Down” button for at least ten seconds or more.
- A recovery message will pop up on your computer screen if you have followed all the steps and entered the DFU mode.
- Click on “Restore iPhone” on iTunes and confirm.
If you are having any kind of trouble turning on your iPhone XS Max follow these tips and if these also do not give any result contact or visit your nearest Apple store.