iOS 16 is now here, and it delivers a slew of new features that users are surely appreciating. Apart from the obvious Lock Screen makeover and personalization choices, numerous additional improvements are less obvious but still fantastic. If we talk about other features or some tips and tricks then there is one hidden feature whose capabilities is the ability to crop a topic out of a shot or lift a subject out of the backdrop. This feature is called cut-out feature of iOS 16. It’s a fantastic little feature in the Apple Photos app that allows you to crop out a topic, such as a person, an animal, a building, a pet, an object,or anything else that sticks out from the backdrop.
While many users are experimenting with the iOS 16 Photo cut function, some users are complaining that they are unable to lift the subject from the backdrop after installing the iOS 16 upgrade. Don’t worry if your iOS 16 photo cutout isn’t working; we’ll show you how to fix it in this article.
HOW DOES THE PHOTO CUT OUT FEATURE WORK?
Photo cutout works with photographs you’ve stored in the Photos app, photos you view while browsing the internet, and videos. If you’re watching a YouTube video and are inspired by anything in the film, you don’t need to capture a screenshot; instead, simply press it long and copy& paste it into the notes, iMessage, or WhatsApp.
PHOTO CUT- OUT FEATURE NOT WORKING?
Because the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X all use Apple’s A11 Bionic CPUs, the picture cut-out function will not be accessible on these devices. If you have reported the iOS 16 Photo cut-out not functioning on iPhone X, I’m sorry to inform you that you may have to abandon the functionality entirely and move on gracefully.
WHY PHOTO CUT- OUT FEATURE MIGHT NOT WORKING?
The major reason why iOS 16 picture cutout not functioning on iPhone X is that your device is incompatible with the photo cut-out tool. You need to know that this feature only works with iPhones that havean A12 bionic chip or newer. Check from the list given below if your device is compatible with this feature or not.
- iPhone XS.
- iPhone XS Max.
- iPhone XR.
- iPhone 11 series.
- iPhone 12 series.
- iPhone 13 series.
- iPhone 14 series.
- iPhone SE second and third generation.
If you have a device that is compatible with this feature and still you are having issues with the cut out feature then you need to look out for it. There might be some reason for cut out feature not working such as:
- The photo putout tool does not support the file formats. The file format that is currently supported by photo cut out on iOS 16 are Images: TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, DIB, ICO, CUR, and XBM.
Videos: M4V, MP4, MOV, and AVI.
- Your subjects in your images are too blurry to be clipped out.
- You did not correctly update the device.
- Your iOS 16 system is having a problem.
IOS 16 PHOTO CUT OUT NOT WORKING: HOW TO FIX
- Restart youriPhone device. This will restart background services, re-register components, and possibly address faults that are causing Photo Cutout problems on your device.
- Certain iOS features are not available in all areas. You may be in an area where Photo Cutout is banned or has not yet been released. We propose that you change your area to the United States and see if it helps you restore Photo Cutout.
- Check to see whether Visual Lookup is working properly for you. You may use Visual Lookup to examine information about your subjects in any given shot. This can help you learn more about the sites, plants, and animals you shoot while traveling.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.