Excited for the new big software update iOS 16? Well, you still have to wait till September to get this software update. As you might have heard that Apple is very persistent on developing the next generation version if iOS and iPadOS. Apple is planning to design this operating system so that it will be able to run on iPhone and iPad. There is still time left for the new update to roll out, but as usual Apple has already begun working on the software for testing so that suitable changes can be done before the upcoming update. Though iOS 16 has a few months left for its release, Apple may announce this update in the upcoming WWDC 2022 event, which is going to be held in June 2022.
iOS 16 Leaks and Rumores
With iOS 16 still on the way, it’s tough to say what Apple has in store for us. However, like with most major technical releases, forecasts and leaks give us a basic idea of what to expect. According to Mark Gurman, a notable Apple blogger, “there should be big improvements across the system,” which bodes well for the next major OS version.
- The new satellite-based emergency capability is likely to be the most notable feature of iOS 16. When activated, it allows all supported iPhone models to send messages in emergency scenarios even when no cellular network is available.
- According to rumours, iOS 16 will have a vehicle collision detection function that would allow your iPhone models to recognize if you are in a car accident.
- Notifications are expected to have better meaning with iOS 16. Changes in Focus mode is expected.
- In iOS 16, Apple is expected to add the “Always-On Display,” or AOD.
- The overhauled lock screen with widgets is one of the most interesting iOS 16 features. The lock screen will also possibly feature “wallpapers with widget-like capabilities.”
- Apple also intends to release an updated Health app with improved sleep tracking and medication management.
- iOS 16 users will be able to scan their pill bottles in the app and receive medication reminders thanks to the medicine management feature.
- A completely redesigned Messages app with a new social network twist appears to be on the way with the iOS 16 upgrade. The audio communications will be the focus of the social network-like feature.
- The new update of iOS 16 will get support of 20 new languages.
- With this update your iPhone will automatically generate subtitles for virtually any audio material, including FaceTime calls, in real time. This should indicate that Siri dictation is improving.
- You’ll be able to mirror your Apple Watch on your iPhone.
- LiDAR-equipped devices will be able to identify doors by scanning text and assessing distance using the Magnifier app.
iOS 16 Release Date
iOS 16 might very possibly be released in September, as the new iOS is usually released at the same time as the latest iPhone. If Apple holds its iPhone 14 event in September, as it normally does, iOS 16 will be released soon after. iOS 16 together with iPadOS 16, watchOS 9, tvOS 16, and macOS 13 will be previewed during the WWDC 2022 keynote on June 6, then delivered to beta testers for further testing before being released to the general public in September 2022.
- iOS 16 Announcement: June 6th 2022.
- First Developer Beta Release: June 6th 2022.
- Public Beta Release: Early or mid-July 2022.
- Official Release: September 2022.
iOS 16 Supported devices
According to the French website iPhoneSoft, an Apple developer revealed that iOS 16 will be compatible with iPhones equipped with an A10 processor or higher. This covers the iPhone 7 and beyond, but does not include the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, or SE 2016. iPadOS 16 will also “likely” not work with the iPad Mini 4, iPad 5, iPad Air 2, or 9.7- and 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.