Are you having trouble after updating your iPhone to iOS 15.4? If not than you are one lucky fellow, as there were many issues and bugs reported by users after updating to iOS 15.4. In today’s article let us see some of the bugs and try to fix them.
iPhone users who have updated to iOS 15.4 are having storage problems, many reported to have lost more than 10 GB storage, it has also caused issues with lag and animation, battery draining problem, some have also reported that notifications are not working properly, apple music also stops playing when it is on a cellular network, safari bugs. iPhone 11 and 13 have reported issues of call failure and phone heating problem.
iOS 15 BUGS AND FIXES
- BATTERY DRAINING ISSUE.
Many users have noticed that their phone’s battery life has suddenly and unexpectedly reduced after iOS 15.4 update. This issue isn’t just happening with this version, even if you haven’t updated your phone, still there will be issues with battery life of your phone.
- Enable “Optimized Battery Charging.”
- Disable Auto – Brightness.
- Enable Low Power Mode.
- Disable Background Refresh App
- Enable Reduce Motion.
- Uninstall the apps which are not necessary and are consuming more storage.
Before you start looking for a solution to your iPhone Overheating problem, make sure you know if your iOS 15.4 device is warm or overheating. Because an iOS 15.4 device is meant to perform best between the temperatures of 0°C and 35°C use the following steps to cool down your iOS 15.4 iPhones when they become too hot.
- On your phone, turn off all background apps. Don’t leave your apps in the background.
- Switch your device off and turn it back on.
- Restart your device.
- Don’t use your phone while charging.
- FROZEN SCREEN / LAG
If you are having this issue in iPhone 6s or its series, then it is not much you can do about it as it is almost 5 years old for this update. Newer versions can try these following steps for this issue.
- Reinstall the apps that are freezing while using it.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Even after restart this issue is still there, you might want to consider resetting your iPhone.
After updating to iOS 15.4, many users have reported to have storage issue as System Data has been using more than 5 GB of space. You cannot do much about this problem as System Data includes caches, logs and other resources currently in use by the system. This value will fluctuate according to system needs. But there is one option for you to try.
- Factory data reset.
Reset all data, settings. Setup your phone as if it were brand new.
You will notice the System Data is now reduced below 4 GB space.
- Uninstall unwanted apps.
- CELLULAR NETWORK
One of the problems is No Service or Call Failure after updating to iOS 15.4. This might be due to a bug in iOS, or it could be because mobile carriers are down for maintenance. Before pinning it on bug make sure that these things listed below are in check.
- Check for network coverage in your area.
- Check carrier settings updates on your device.
- Remove sim and insert it again.
- Contact carrier about your account.
- Reset network settings on your device.
- Restore and restart your device.
- SAFARI BUGS
Many users have confirmed to having problem using safari, either videos blacks out or URLS doesn’t work. And it is reported that iOS 15 have certain bugs as well. In the coming update this issue might get fixed, till then follow these steps to prevent the problems.
- Clear browsing and history data.
- Clear website data.
- Enable Block Pop-Ups.
- Enable Prevent Cross – Site Tracking.
Try these solutions and see if it can fix the problems you are having after updating to iOS 15.4. if there are any more issues that you are having, let us know in the comment section and we will try and help you fix it.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.