The long wait is over as Apple finally rolled out its most awaiting SharePlay feature on iOS 15. While some users have already started having online parties with friends via SharePlay, many users are still not aware of how to use SharePlay and which apps support SharePlay.
When I installed iOS 15.1 and tried to watch Apple TV+ content via SharePlay, I was surprised to see HD shared content on my iPhone. I also tried to use SharePlay for Netflix and Disney Plus, but it doesn’t support it yet. But SharePlay is still compatible with dozens of apps which will list below. Also, we will show you how to use SharePlay in iOS 15.1 on iPhone.
How To Use SharePlay on iOS 15.1
- Open FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad.
- Start the FaceTime call with your friend.
- Next, tap on the new SharePlay icon at the left corner below the End button.
- Once you tap on the SharePlay button, it will count to three and start sharing your iPhone screen with another person.
- Now you can open Apple TV, Instagram, Notes or any apps to show your iPhone’s home screen.
Once the FaceTime SharePlay screen sharing starts, both users can manage play, pause, rewind and fast forward at any time while sharing media content like Apple TV or playing music via Apple Music or Spotify. However, user can control other apps like Contact, Instagram, WhatsApp, and all.
While testing iPhone screen share via SharePlay, I tried every app to share during SharePlay call. But a few apps don’t support SharePlay. I guess many users still want to know which apps support SharePlay. Therefore, here’s the list of apps that are compatible with to SharePlay feature.
What apps support SharePlay?
- Apple Fitness+
- Apple TV+
- Apple Music
- Apollo for Reddit
- HBO Max
- SHOWTIME: TV, Movies and More
- MUBI: Curated Cinema
- Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds
- Moon FM – The Podcasts App
- Flow: Sketch, Draw, Take Notes
- Kahoot! Play & Create Quizzes
- Photos app
- Files app.
- Google Chrome
- Color Widget
- App Store
- Cameo – Personal celeb videos
- SmartGym: Gym & Home Workouts
- LookUp: English dictionary
- Piano with Friends
- Digital Concert Hall
- Night Sky
- Redfin Real Estate: Find Homes
- Translate Now – Translator
- Guessing Game
We tried these apps on the SharePlay screen sharing feature, and it worked fine. Many more apps also work with SharePlay. If you know, any useful app also supports SharePlay, then share with us in the comment box.
Did you test the new SharePlay feature on your iPhone? How was your experience? Please share with us in the comment box.