Trolling has become normal these days as people drop abusive, racist, and body-shaming comments on anyone’s profile. Even I have gone through the pain of trolling on Instagram. Because of trolling, I had to disable my account to stop abusive comments on Instagram.
It seems like days are gone when anyone with a fake account left offensive comments on any open Instagram profile. Recently, the Facebook-owned messing app added a new feature to block or hide any comments on Instagram posts. Now users can hide specific comments on Instagram or even stop unknown people from dropping comments on your Instagram profile even if the profile is open.
How To Block Offensive Comments On Instagram
Instagram’s new feature is called “Limits.” Once you turn on Limits on Instagram, it will automatically hide comments and DM requests from people who didn’t follow you or recently followed you.
- Go to the App Store and update the app to the latest version.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on Profile from the left bottom corner.
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left corner.
- Select Settings and then tap Privacy.
- In the Interactions section, you will see the new Limits option. Tap on it.
- Read about the feature and tap Continue.
- Now, you can turn the toggle on next to ‘Accounts that aren’t following you’ and ‘Recent followers.’
- You can also set the limit under the ‘How Long To Limit’ option.
- And finally, tap on Turn ON.
Once you have enabled Limits in the Instagram app, you will no longer worry about any abusive comments or trolls. You won’t get any comments from unknown accounts.
To make it even safe, Instagram will also show a warning to people who post any offensive or vulgar comments on any Instagram post. This feature worked for Instagram as more than 50% of abusive commenters deleted the comment or edited it.
Finally, times has come for fake account holders who use their profile to do the nastiest things on Instagram to stay silent and say goodbye to troll.
Instagram took a lot of time to add this feature, but we are glad they finally did. It helps millions of users to slap those trollers. If you don’t see the Limit option in your account, wait for some time as the company is rolling out this feature today for everyone.
Have you tried this feature? Do you think it can stop trollers? It would be glad to have your feedback in the comment box.