Since the internet has become so cheap, people worldwide use the internet extremely. While browsing the internet, they often come across website where they get fake Apple security alerts. Yes, we call it a fake Apple security alert on iPhone because Apple does not send the popup. But how to get rid of it? Let’s check out more detail.
As we know that Apple does not send a security alert while browsing any website, it would be necessary to get rid of fake Apple security alerts on iPhone. When users see a message like ““Tap here to secure your iPhone,” “Your device is at risk,”, they end up tapping on Yes or Ok to secure the device, but in real, you are being scammed, and they successfully spread malware on the device. Even you should tap on Close to remove it since the popup is designed to steal your personal data even after tapping on the No or Close button to the popup. However, here we will show you how to avoid fake Apple security alerts.
How To Get Rid Of Fake Apple Security Alert On iPhone
Note: We tried these steps on iPhone running iOS 15 update.
- Once you see the fake Apple security popup alert, tap on the tabs icon at the bottom right corner.
- From the multiple tabs, tap on X to close that tab from the right corner of the tab.
- After that, bring the Control Centre.
- Turn Airplane Mode ON.
- Go to Settings > Safari.
- Turn Block Pop-ups.
- Scroll down and turn on Fraudulent Website Warning.
- Now tap on Clear History and Website Data and confirm the selection in the popup.
- After that, again, bring the Control Centre down and turn off the Airplane Mode.
After following the above steps, you won’t be annoyed with any fake Apple security alert on your iPhone. The next time, make sure you don’t visit this type of site in the future to avoid fake Apple security alerts on iPhone. Since the internet is full of scammers, stay aware and safe from any fraudulent activity. Need more tips? Don’t hesitate to ask for help.