Despite the benefits that come with using an iOS device, it also comes with a lot of limitations. Hence, there is a peak demand for good-quality iOS emulators on the internet. If you are looking for ways to download and install Retroarch iOS 15 with no jailbreak, we have all the information lined up for you.
RetroArch has gained a lot of popularity as an iOS emulator and if you are looking for ways to install it to your iOS 15 device, hang around until the end of the article for all the information.
What is RetroArch?
Before we walk you through the download and installation process, let us familiarize ourselves with RetroArch and what it is.
RetroArch, as we mentioned before, is an emulator for iOS devices. It is primarily helpful for emulating different popular games that are otherwise not available on iOS platforms. Games like Super Mario, Food Fight, etc. are available on this platform.
So, if you want to enjoy retro console games on your iOS device, RetroArch is a platform that streamlines that process for you. The platform combines multiple types of consoles, thereby streamlining the gaming experience on an iOS device.
What are the Requirements to Run RetroArch?
Now, you are sitting there wanting to download and install RetroArch on your iOS 15 device. But, is it even possible? Does your device meet the pre-requirements?
Some of the pre-requirements that you absolutely can’t do without are:
- Windows or Mac OS
- RetroArch IPA
- Cydia Impactor
- Working internet connection
- USB cable
- iOS above iOS 7
- Devices above iOS 5
- Enough storage in the device
Once you are sure that you have all the prerequisites as they are needed, you can then move on to the installation process.
What are the Features of RetroArch?
Given that there are so many different iOS emulators available online, why should you opt for RetroArch? This is a very common question that most users have.
If you are in the same boat, let us walk you through all the important features:
- It has a simple and easy-to-navigate UI
- The emulator is user-friendly and perfect for beginners to use
- It works with both Android and iOS platforms
- It works with leading gaming consoles too
- A great alternative to other gaming emulators
If all of these seem enticing to you, let us walk you through the installation process in the next section of the article.
How to Install RetroArch on iOS 15 without Jailbreak?
If you aren’t a big fan of jailbreaking your iPhones, follow the steps mentioned to install RetroArch on your iOS 15 device.
- Open your iPhone and open Safari
- Download Cyrus installer from their official website
- Once installed, navigate to the home screen of the app and click on the three dots to open the Apps section
- Under that, tap on the “Emulators” section
- In the list, find RetroArch and click on it
- Once you click on it, tap on Install next. This will initiate the installation process.
Once done, the RetroArch app should be available on your iPhone’s home screen. You can then access all the retro games that you wish to play.
What are some Other Ways to Download RetroArch?
If the above method isn’t working for you on iOS 15, there are two other ways in which you can download RetroArch to your device.
- Using Cydia Impactor
Cydia impactor is a third-party app store, which you need to download from their official website. You have to install it on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Once the installation is done, the next step is to connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- You can cross-check the Cydia impactor to ensure that your device is connected or not.
- Once its confirmed, drag the RetroArch IPA file and drop it into the Cydia Impactor
- You might have to enter your Apple ID for verification
- Once done, you should be able to access RetroArch from your home screen once the installation is complete.
Ensure that you wait until the installation is completely done before you try to access the app to play your favorite games.
- Using Tweakbox
Another third-party app store that works effortlessly is Tweakbox. It works pretty much similar to Cyrus installer, so follow the steps as mentioned:
- Download tweakbox to your iPhone running on iOS 15
- Once the installation is complete, you have to then open the app and navigate to the Apps category
- Click on Search and type RetroArch to find the app
- Once you find it, tap on Install and wait until the app is installed on your iPhone.
Once done, you can then tap on it to open the app and then use it at your convenience.
That concludes all the information that you need to know about RetroArch and how to install it on your device running on iOS 15. When downloading third-party app stores, ensure that you are downloading them from the official platforms only.