Editing app icons iOS 14 is such an easy-peasy task since Apple added the new feature to replace or customize app icons on iPhone. Everyone’s dream became true as people now can fully personalize iPhone home screen with just a few clicks.
Creating an aesthetic iPhone home screen with aesthetic app icons and widgets is normal these days. People from all over the world is creating amazing designs and sharing them on social media platforms. But some newcomers are still finding the steps to change app icons on iOS 14 devices. Whether you are new to iPhone or recently installed iOS 14, here we will show you steps to edit iOS 14 app icons!
How To Edit App Icon on iOS 14 on iPhone
Note: Before you go ahead with the guide, we suggest you prepare or design one logo of those specific apps with Picart or any other app you will need to use in this guide.
How To Change App Color on iOS on iPhone
- Launch Shortcuts app on your iPhone
- At the top right corner, tap on (+) plus icon.
- Now you will see the New Shortcut tab, tap on ‘Add Action.’
- In the search box, search Open App and select it.
- You need to tap on Choose and then select the app you want to change color. (we are selecting Photo app in this guide)
- Once you have chosen the app, you need to tap on the three dots on the left top below the Next.
- Now tap on the normal icon nearby the black space with Shortcut Name.
- Now you are in color customization settings, you will see Colour and Glyph option. You can first select the suitable icon from the Glyph and then edit colors in Colour option.
- Once you are done with color tweaking process, tap on Done on the top right corner.
- Next, tap on Add To Home Screen, enter the app’s name under the Home Screen Name And Icon, which will be shown on the home screen.
- At the end, tap on Add on the top right corner.
How Set New App Icon on iOS 14 on iPhone
- First of the app, open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the “New Shortcut” button with Plus sign at the screen’s top right corner.
- Here, tap on the “New Action” button.
- On the search section, search for the “Open app” and select the one with colours.
- After selecting the colourful Open Apps option, tap on the “Choose” option.
- Now, you will get the list of apps, so select the app you want to change the icon and then tap on the three-dot more con on the right side.
- Now enter the name of the app you want to show on your iPhone’s home screen and then tap on the “Add To Home Screen”.
- Next, go to the text box under the “Home Screen Name and icon” and then enter the name again.
- Tap on the icon thumbnail and “Choose Photo.”
- Now, you can select the photo of the app logo you have created from the gallery. So tap “Choose”.
- Once you select the new icon, you will get the preview. To add it, finally, tap at “Add” at the top right.
- Tap on “Done” to save the shortcut.
This is how you can change, edit, and replace the app icon in iOS 14 on your iPhone. I hope you found some aesthetic app icons to set on your iPhone home screen. If you need more help regarding the same, please do feel free to tell us through the comment box.