Mac App Store is full of free useful apps. Users can simply download these apps and use them for productivity purposes. But some users are annoyed with the Apple ID popup while downloading free apps on Mac App Store. Hence, they are looking for the way to sidekick the Apple ID option when downloading free apps.
This article will show how to download free apps from Mac App Store without an Apple ID password. Since the latest macOS update support Touch ID, you can also enable Touch ID to download free apps from Mac App Store. Let’s check out the steps to do it.
Download Free Apps on Mac Without Apple ID Password
Here we will show two different methods to get rid of Apple ID passwords while downloading apps from Mac App Store. Let’s start with the process to disable Apple ID passwords.
How To Turn Off Apple ID To Download Free Apps on Mac
- From the Mac menu, go to Apple Logo and click on System Preferences.
- Next, click on Apple ID.
- Choose the “Media & Purchases” option from the left window and uncheck the “Use Touch ID for Purchases” option on Touch ID iMac and MacBook Pro/Air.
- Now select the “Never Require” option under Free Download Option.
How to Download Free Apps On Mac Without Apple ID (With Touch ID)
You can disable Apple iD when downloading free apps with the above process. However, there is a way to turn on Touch instead of Apple ID to download Mac apps for free. But make sure that you have a Touch ID compatible device (iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air).
- Go to Apple Logo from the Mac menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID.
- Choose “Media & Purchases” from the left section and uncheck the “Use Touch ID for Purchases” option.
- Then, select the “Never Required” option.
- After that, check the box for the “Use Touch ID of Purchases” option.
Once you follow the above steps, you will be able to download free apps from the Mac App Store with Touch ID instead of Apple ID.
Was this article helpful? Did it help to download free Mac apps without Apple ID popup? We have also prepared a guide for iPhone to disable the Verification Required popup while downloading free apps from App Store. If you need more help regarding the same, don’t hesitate to share through the comment box.