As a new iPhone 12 user, I faced many difficulties in understanding the iOS ecosystem. One of problem that I annoyed me was creating a group on iPhone’s contacts. For sure, the messages app allows sending a message to multiple contacts. But the huge question was how do I create a group of contacts on my iPhone 12.
I did a deep dig to find the option to make a group in contact app on the new iPhone 12, but I ended up with nothing. Hence, I moved online to find a way to create a group in contacts on iPhone, and finally found a couple of methods to do it with ease. Without further ado, let’s check out both methods to follow on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
How To Create A Group in iPhone Contacts 12
Note: Make sure that contacts sync in iCloud option is activated. To check, go to Settings, → tap your profile → go to iCloud → toggle on Contacts.
How To Create A Group in Contacts on iPhone 12 Using iCloud App
- Open iCloud.com on your Mac and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Choose Contacts and click on ‘+’ Plus icon at the bottom left corner.
- Next, choose the New Group option and give the Name The Group.
- Now you can Drag and Move contacts to the new Contact Group.
- Once the Group is ready, go to Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Groups at the top right corner.
- Here you can see the newly created Group.
- Open it and use it to send messages or emails.
Many users are not good fans of using iCloud. It was also tough for me to use iCloud. Hence, I used the third-party app Group to create a group of contacts on my iOS device. If you also don’t want to use iCloud, then you can go with the below process.
How To Create A Group in Contacts on iPhone 12 Without iCloud
- Open App Store and search Groups.
- Install the app from the top result.
- Now open the Groups app.
- Select Add New Label from the main menu.
- Now tap ‘No Contacts — Add Some’ to start adding contacts.
- Once you have added enough people to the group, click on Done in the top right corner.
- That’s it.
The process of creating a group of contacts is similar on older iPhones as well. This year, Apple will release iOS 15 in September. Maybe this time, we can expect a new option in the Contacts app to create a group on iOS devices. As Apple is working on its iOS system to make it even better, we can expect this new feature from the new iOS update.
I hope you followed the above methods and succeed in making a group in contacts on your iPhone 12. If you face any difficulty following the above steps, you can drop your question in the comment box. Stay tuned for more guides on Apple products.