With the limitations imposed by Apple’s App Store, there is a sharp increase in the demand for different third-party app stores for iOS and AltStore manages to take the cake in this. Although there were initially a lot of restrictions with the compatibility of AltStore with iOS 16, things have changed.
If you wish to download AltStore on your iOS 16 installed device without a computer, it is now possible.
We will discuss the steps and the process of installation in this article.
What is AltStore?
For those iOS users who are completely clueless, AltStore is a third-party app store for iPhones that allow users to sideload unofficial apps to their iPhones that aren’t generally available on the App Store.
Since Apple has a fair bit of restriction when it comes to downloading unofficial and third-party apps, you need to be sure about the third-party apps you are installing on your device.
How to Install AltStore on iOS 16 without a computer?
Although AltStore is finally compatible with iOS 16 and is safe to download, you can do so without a computer. There are no direct ways or reliable IPA files for AltStore available on the internet that will enable you to download and install this third-party app to your iPhone without having access to the computer.
However, if your iPhone runs on iOS 15 and below, you can download AltStore via Cydia or using other jailbreaking techniques. We’d not personally recommend this since jailbreaking dampers your iPhone’s warranty.
How to Install AltStore on iOS 16 using a Computer?
We know that the main intent of this article is to highlight a method to download AltStore to your iOS 16 device without a computer.
However, since that isn’t possible as of now, we’d recommend switching to the working alternative method. Here’s what you need to do:
- Run AltServer on your PC. You can find the same from your PC’s Search option. If not, you’d need to download that first.
- Once you run AltServer, it will most likely ask you to update it. Follow the on-screen instructions and update the same.
- Next, click on the AltServer and tap on Install AltStore and select your connected iOS device from there. Ensure that your iPhone is turned off and has enough battery.
- Following that, enter your Apple ID and the password for verification.
- Once the installation is complete, you will get a pop-up message on the screen.
- Open AltStore from your iPhone’s home screen. If it opens without any resistance, your installation is done and you are ready to use it.
- However, if you find the Untrusted Developer pop-up, you need to trust the developer of AltStore from your iPhone’s Settings.
If required, you can also enable the developer mode on the iPhone for better access to the particular app and its functions.
At this point, there are no direct methods to download AltStore to your iOS 16 device without a computer. This is why we have shared a simple and working method that you can try out. It is 100% working and is a reliable fix.