Planning to buy new electronic items from best buy but worrying about the payment? Well, in that case, we have good news for you. Best Buy recently started accepting payments from Apple Pay in all stores to make the purchase process easy and stress-free.
It simply means that you don’t have to wait for coupons or carry cash or use your credit/ debit card when paying at the Best Buy store. All you need is your Apple phone and a valis Apple pay account with information. Want to dig more? Continue scrolling the page and check the step-by-step procedure to use the Apple Pay at Best Buy stores here.
What is Best Buy?
Best Buy, based in Richfield, Minnesota, is an American international consumer electronics retailer. Best Buy has a presence in Canada and previously had a presence in China until February 2011.
Founded in 1966 as an audio specialty store, the company was refurbished and rebranded under its current name in 1983 on consumer electronics.
Forbes awarded Best Buy “Company of the Year” in 2004. It is the largest specialized retailer in the consumer electronics retail market in the United States. The company was rated 72 on the Fortune 500 list of the top US corporations by total sales in 2018.
Can I make a payment on Best Buy with Apple Pay?
Absolutely yes. Customers with an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus can utilize Apple Pay in the Best Buy app to make purchases. A free update is released in the Apple App Store regarding the payment acceptance. Later this year, Apple Pay will get accepted in all Best Buy stores across the US.
This summer, Best Buy is going to create a technological innovation office in Seattle, focusing on mobile, and they’ll keep implementing new tools to improve the user experience in this critical growth area.
Consumers today have a variety of ways to spend their money and the store owner wants to give them as many alternatives as possible when it comes to paying for goods and services at Best Buy.
Steps to use Apple pay at Best Buy Stores
Since now you are well aware that Apple Pay is accepted at Best Buy stores, it’s time to know the detailed procedure to avoid any trouble later on. Follow the steps mentioned below to make easy and hassle-free payments.
- To use Apple Pay at Best Buy, make sure your iPhone or Apple Watch gets set up correctly.
- Next, Go to Apple Pay Wallet on your chosen device and add a debit or credit card.
- Press the Plus symbol in the wallet app’s top right corner to add a debit or credit card.
- Then, either uses the image of the credit or debit card you want to use with Apple Pay or add the card’s information manually.
- You can use the Wallet program to add a debit or credit card to your Apple Pay account. Best Buy is now accepting Apple Pay.
However, how do you use Apple Pay to make purchases? Let’s look at how to achieve that in more depth below:
Method 1: Double-click the iPhone’s power button.
- Push the power button twice or “double-click” it, which usually gets placed on the right outer edge of your iPhone. That is the same button that turns on and off your phone’s screen.
- If everything gets done correctly, your Apple Wallet will automatically open with an image of the debit or credit card you’ve linked to your Wallet.
Method 2: Use the Terminal for Payments
- Finish paying for your purchases with Apple Pay by utilizing a suitable payment terminal (also known as a card reader).
- Place your iPhone close to the payment terminal while using Apple Wallet on your iPhone.
- If everything gets set up successfully, your payment should go through immediately, and your Apple Wallet debit or credit card will get charged.
What other payment methods are accepted on Best Buy?
Best Buy accepts the following methods of payment:
- Best Buy / My Best Buy Credit Card
- My Best Buy Visa
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Best Buy Gift Cards
- Pay With Points
- Best Buy Commercial Card
- Vendor coupons
- Best Buy for Business Card
- My Best Buy reward certificates
- Personal checks, business check, or cashier’s checks
That’s all about it!! Best Buy supplies a wide range of technology and home equipment and to ease the customers, it now accepts Apple Pay in all of its shops. In addition, they also support a variety of payment methods so that consumers can purchase their favorite thing without worrying about the payment.