Nowadays, it has become essential to have at least one oximeter at your home since the COVID-19 pandemic changes lifestyle, especially in India. If you have an Apple Watch, you don’t have to buy any oximeter as you can simply check blood oxygen level from your Apple Watch.
Apple always stands out when it comes to adding new cutting-edge features to its products. As the pandemic started, people started to ask Apple about measuring blood oxygen level with Apple Watch. Hence, the company added the new Blood Oxygen app on iPhone for Apple Watch to check oxygen levels at home without an oximeter. If you have an Apple Watch, you can follow this guide to check Oxygen level in Apple Watch from your wrist.
How To Set Up & Check Oxygen Leven On Apple Watch
- Make sure that Blood Oxygen App is available in your region by checking it on the App Store on your iPhone.
- Make sure that you have iPhone 6S or later version with the latest iOS update.
- You must have Apple Watch series 6 with latest watchOS update to use this feature.
- Make sure that your age is above 18 year.
Let’s set up Blood Oxygen app:
- From your iPhone, open Health app.
- Follow the on screen instruction and tap on Browse tab.
- Next, tap on Respiratory, Go to Blood Oxygen and then tap on Set up Blood Oxygen and follow the screen to get it done.
Final steps to check Blood Oxygen Leven in Apple Watch
- First of all you need to set your watch in the perfect position on your wrist.
- Next, open the Blood Oxygen App on your Apple Watch.
- Adjust the position on your watch flat with facing Apple Watch.
- Tap on the Start option and keep your wrist stable for around 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, you will see blood oxygen level on your Apple Watch.
That’s it! I hope your oxygen level is medium, around 97 to 99, which is considered as usual. If your oxygen level is lower than 94, then you will need some help. And it goes down to 90; then you will have to call the hospital.
Have you followed the guide properly? Did this method work for you? If you still need help regarding the same, don’t bother to ask us through the comment box.