Ever since I started using Apple’s AirTag, I have also seen that many people are finding difficulty finding precise AirTag location. For some users, AirTag precision finding not working on their iPhone.
We checked and tried out some workaround which helped to fix precision finding to Find AirTag issue. One Reddit user wrote that he has been able to use AirTag as it stuck Direction on iPhone 12 Pro Max and having a problem with Precision Finding. If you are also struggling with the same problem, then here we have the solutions. Let’s try them out!
Find tab Missing in Find my App – Can’t use precision finding to Find AirTag
1. Check U1 Chip
To use Apple’s AirTag’s precision feature, you need to have the U1 Chip on your iPhone. Hence, only iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 series device have this chip. Therefore, make sure that you have an iPhone 11 or iPhone 12 model to use tracking feature precision Finding feature.
- Check Under Settings Tab
- If the Find Tab does not appear in Find My App on your iPhone 11 or iPhone 12 models, you need an active bellow option.
- Launch Settings App and tap on Privacy.
- Next, tap on Location services and turn it ON. Ignore it if it is already enabled.
- Now scroll down to Tap Find My , and you will see three options: you must select the last number option and then turn precision location toggle On/green.
2. Location Service Greyed Out? Follow These Steps
- Launch the Settings app and select the Screen Time option.
- Tap Content & Restrictions.
- Next, scroll the screen and tap Location service.
- Now you need to enter the Screen time passcode – if you forgot, then reset the screen time passcode.
- At the end, choose Allow Changes.
3. Check For Update
If you are still facing the issue with finding a precise AirTag location on Find My App, you should also check if there is a new update available. Also, AirTag is compatible on iPhone with the latest iOS 14.5 update. So make sure at least you have this update.
4. Check AirTag Range
According to our research, you will be able to precisely find AirTag if it is in the 40-50 feet range of your iPhone. If it is too much far, it won’t work.
After trying the above five solutions, you will be able to use the AirTag properly and precisely with the help of your iPhone. If you know any other working solution to fix the AirTag location finding issue, then don’t bother to share with us through the comment section.