As people started talking about deleting the app because of the new policy, WhatsApp shared the new note on Twitter that “we want to address some rumours and be 100% clear we continue to protect your private messages with end-to-end encryption.”
What Will WhatsApp Not Share With Facebook?
- WhatsApp cannot see your private messages or hear your calls, and neither can Facebook.
- WhatsApp does not keep logs of who everyone is messaging or calling.
- WhatsApp does not share your contacts with Facebook.
- You can set your messages to disappear.
- WhatsApp cannot see your shared location, and neither can Facebook.
- WhatsApp groups remain private.
- You can download your data.
So these were some important points WhatsApp shared to clear the misunderstanding of users. Still, if the company is not sharing the above detail, what will it share with Facebook.
What Will WhatsApp Share With Facebook?
Let’s check out what the new policy about and which data will be sacrificed with Facebook.
- Facebook will host and manage the business user’s data.
- They will add a label to WhatsApp business users who use Facebook’s hosting service.
- WhatsApp Business users can use Facebook’s Shops platform for showing product on WhatsApp.
- If you make any purchase by Shops platform, Facebook and Instagram will show you ads accordingly.
- Facebook will let you directly message WhatsApp business user.
- Even if you message WhatsApp business users through Facebook, it will show you ads according to that.
- Your personal data is safe, but your every message with business users will be used to show similar ads on Facebook.
So the simple meaning is your WhatsApp personal data will not be share with Facebook. You can agree with WhatsApp’s new terms and policy, but you should keep in mind that your business message and deals will be not hidden from Facebook.
After reading this article, I hope you now know which data WhatsApp will use and which not. If you still doubt, do not bother to ask us through the comment section directly.