Do not disturb, also goes by the short form DND is a feature that comes in handy when needed the most. Turning on do not disturb mode on iOS 16 will surely help you stay focused on your work and keep away all the distractions of unwanted notifications. If you are looking for a way to turn on do not disturb mode on iOS 16 then you have come to the right place. Read till the end to get to know more about this feature.
Since the release of iOS 16, do not disturb is not been the same. Now, instead of having a separate option for do not disturb, users need to enable do not disturb mode and make changes accordingly from the focus tab in the settings app. If your device is running iOS 16 or later then you need to follow the steps given below to turn on the do not disturb feature.
How to turn on do not disturb on iOS 16
- Go to the settings app on your device running iOS 16.
- Click on the focus tab.
- Tap on the do not disturb option.
- Tap on people to choose from which contacts you would like to receive notifications and calls when do not disturb is turned on.
- Tap on Apps to choose from which apps you would like to receive notifications when do not disturb is turned on.
- Enable time sensitive notification.
- Go back to the main page of do not disturb.
- Click on add schedule.
- Tap on time and choose on which day and on what time you would like do not disturb to get activated automatically.
- You may even select the location and apps as per your choice.
- When do not disturb is turned on, on your iOS 16 running device, you will see a crescent moon icon appear in the status bar and on the lock screen as well.
How to turn on Do Not Disturb on iPhone in iOS 16
The do not disturb feature is basically used to silence calls and notifications. If you are working or studying or busy with any other work that requires your undivided attention, then the do not disturb feature is for you. It will keep you away from all the distractions caused by text messages or calls or notifications. It won’t just silence them from you but instead, it will block all these notifications and calls until you disable the do not disturb feature.
You can even choose to block the calls and notifications from specific applications as well. Users even have the option to set the duration so it can be turned on and off automatically without doing it manually. If you have enables location services then do not disturb will automatically detect the place and enable itself if you have scheduled it for the place and time both.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.