While comparing Signal with Telegram, we mentioned that there is no doubt that the Singal app is the most secure. But there were many features still missing from the apps comparing to Telegram and other messaging apps. The new Signal version 5.2.1 added many new functions and improved the usefulness of the app.
The new update focuses on the group call, video call quality, and sharing files with multiple people. Many bugs are also fixed. The signal app is holding the top trending app list on the App Store and Google Play Store for the last week.
What’s new on Signal app 5.2.0 for iOS?
- The app now added the controls for media download preference, which you can find by heading to Settings -> Data.
- The app lets you group calls up to 8 people, which was limited to 5.
- Now you can also share any data on the Signal app with multiple people.
- You get the new option to create a group for people whom you share links a lot.
- Now the app has the function to open the attachments within the app.
- The profile video interface is also changed.
- The improvement made in video call quality and size of the video.
- Bug fixes for iPad users when tapping Send button while sharing some content from the app.
- The bug also fixed on of WebP image not being shared while chatting.
The signal app also released the new update 5.2.3 for Android users to add some new functions and bug fixes. The number of Signal app users is growing day-by-day because of its end-to-end encrypted chatting option. Even the Signal app cannot track or sneak into your personal chat.
Have you started using the Signal app? If so, please share your experience with us in the comment box. Do you think this app can replace WhatsApp? What else do you still miss in the Signal app? Feel free to share your opinion via comments.