Apple has never allowed its users to customize their iPhone’s lock screen, but that’s changing with iOS 16. The new update for the iPhone is still in beta and it has previewed how the lock screen can be customized according to users’ needs.
With iOS 16, you now have the ability to add wallpapers and widgets to the iPhone’s lock screen. Plus, you can change the font of the time and date and personalize it. For an Apple product, this level of personalization goes beyond what you’d expect.
It is actually both aesthetic and useful. For instance, now you don’t have to unlock your device every time you want to check important information, which can now be placed on the lock screen.
How Is It Done?
If you are a guy who wants to live on the edge and has installed iOS 16 public beta, you can follow the instructions below:
- You just need to long press on any part of the screen when your phone is locked.
- When a plus symbol appears, tap on it.
- This will bring up several options that you can place on your lock screen, including photos, weather, color, emoji, weather, and astronomy.
- Here, you can also select the predefined options of the lock screen template and customize it accordingly.
Depending on the kind of lock screen you’re dealing with, you’ll be able to make a few tweaks to it. As an illustration, consider the following selections for the lock screen with photos:
- You reposition the photo simply by zooming in on the photo. You can pinch or use two fingers for that. Plus, you can also add various filters by swiping on the screen just like on Instagram.
- Tap the photo icon in the lower-left corner to switch to a different image.
- You can tap the ellipsis icon to modify the background colors and zoom.
So, this is how easy it is to change the lock screen on iOS 16.