Remember the era of 2000’s where smartphones we released to public, and we had no idea how successful it will become until now. Since smartphones came into existence the mobile app developer industry has reached to its new heights. Users spend nearly half of their time switching from one application to another on their smartphones. The rise of social media plays a big part in it, it has influenced people on how to interact with one another based on a single click through these applications like Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp etc. this is one of the many reasons that applications developer industry has a full potential of its growth.
iPhone is currently leading the market in United States, and their main asset for this is the iOS developers who has a big hand in developing apps for Apple and in company growth.
What work does iOS developers do?
Still unfamiliar with what does iOS developers do, let me put it in simple words. iOS developers are in charge of designing and developing mobile applications for the devices who are running Apple’s iOS operating system. They are also known as a classified mobile app developer as well. You will not only be coding and developing base of the apps, you may be in charge of fixing bugs, checking the quality, maintain the written code and taking care of the updates for the applications.
Being iOS developer is not as easy as you think. You need to have expertise in programming language likeObjective-C or Swift, which are used to develop applications for iOS. iOS developers must also be well-versed in the patterns and practises that surround the iOS platform.
Best iOS Developer Job Descriptions 2022
A good job description and advertisement for an iOS developer is important as it emphasises the specific technologies needed for the project for which they are hiring. Posting iOS developer description in a job ad when looking for iOS developer to fill a specific role you must be very specific about what is required and what role and position is being offered, as well as what qualities and skills you must have to apply for it, which should also be mentioned on a resume.
Company and job description for iOS developer:
You can include a brief introduction of your company here. Also, describe company’s work culture and unique selling points. Allow the candidate to get a sense of what it is like to work in your organisation and why they should join.
Mention your requirements as well as the responsibilities the prospective employee will have after joining your company. Keep the JD concise and clear with your objectives so the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this job opportunity.
Role and responsibly of iOS Developer:
- Designing and developing applications for iOS.
- Working with the design team to define the app’s features and updates.
- Ensuring that the application meets specifications in terms of quality and performance.
- Recognizing potential issues in apps and resolving itimmediately.
- Reviewing and resolving application bugs prior to the final release.
- Uploading the app to the App Store.
- Application atomization and code maintenance.
- Creating and deploying application updates.
- Coding clean and efficient iOS applications without any bugs.
- Providing assistance throughout the application lifecycle, from concept to design, testing, release, and support.
- Application troubleshooting and bug fixes to ensure clean and secure code.
- Making changes and improvements that we get through suggestions from the users.
- Being on toes of new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols.
Skills for iOS Developer:
- Knowledge of programming language – Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Understanding of iOS back-end services.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles as well as application interface guidelines.
- Expertise in code versioning tools such as Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
- Understanding of C-based libraries, push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
- Knowledge of continuous integration.
- You previously worked as an iOS Developer.
- You have a portfolio of App Store apps that you have released.
- You are familiar with the product and design lifecycles for mobile devices.
- Solid understanding of the iOS release cycle, as well as familiarity with the CI/CD platform and pipelines.
- Thorough knowledge of code versioning tools (eg. Git) and experience with various testing tools.
- You should have a quality of problem solver with strong analytical abilities.
Qualifications for iOS developer:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering is required, as is prior experience as an app developer.
- 7-10 years of mobile app development experience.
- A well-developed portfolio of software development projects.
- Knowledge of the MVVM architectural pattern.
- Strong knowledge of Swift, iOS SDK, Objective-C, multi-threading, and object-oriented programming.
Remember your iOS developer job description or any other should be detailed enough that your employee understands what they’re getting into; clear enough that they don’t ignore the listing; and expressive enough that your hire genuinely wants to apply for the job.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.