Apple’s one of the recently anticipated iOS updates is here and we can’t keep our calm. However, with the updated features and specifications come a few downfalls. One of the most standout issues that people have encountered is “iOS 16 updates stuck on the update requested screen.”
Most users are also experiencing their iPhone stuck at the Apple logo, leading to a glitchy and buffered user experience after getting the iOS 16 update.
If you are experiencing similar issues and want a quick fix, we have sorted out some of the best fixes for you to look at in this article.
Why iPhone Shows Apple Logo after iOS 16 Update?
One of the most common reasons why the iPhone is showing the Apple logo after the iOS 16 update is likely due to interruptions. If the system update wasn’t completed successfully, that could be a potential reason why you are experiencing this issue in the first place.
However, this is more of a system glitch or software error, as you might call it. And, you can fix it with a few workarounds.
Ways to Fix the iOS 16 Stuck on Apple Logo
Before you get confused thinking that you have somehow managed to damage your iPhone, hold on because that’s not the case. Your iPhone is fine. It’s just a temporary issue that you have to fix with some of the tips we will mention down below:
Force Restart your iPhone
If the iOS 16 update hasn’t been downloaded completely and there are prevalent issues with the software, it is a sign that your iPhone will misbehave until you force restart the device.
Sometimes, you might think that rebooting the device will work but you aren’t able to do so normally. The force restart process isn’t just long-pressing the Power or Sleep button in your iPhone.
Here’s how you do it:
- Press down and release the Volume up button in the latest iPhones after iPhone 8
- Quickly and simultaneously press down and release the Volume down button
- Then, press and hold down the side button for 10 seconds or more until the Apple logo appears
Use a Third-party App
Sometimes, if the standard force restart option isn’t working for you, the next best fix is to use a third-party system recovery app like AnyFix. This is a popular system recovery tool for iOS devices, so you can fix standard system errors like this one within a few seconds.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download AnyFix from the official platform and then install it on the computer
- Next, you need to connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable
- Run the program
- Select System repair to initiate the process
- You need to select the system error from the list of options that appear
- Tap on Start Now from there
- To not losing your data, tap on the Standard Repair option
- Follow the onscreen instructions as they come and you are good to fix the issue completely
Restore in Recovery Mode
If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo after the iOS 16 update, the next thing we’d recommend you do is to switch on the device in the Recovery mode. Restoring the iPhone in recovery mode should fix the issue quickly.
Here’s what you need to follow:
- Connect your iPhone to a PC using a USB cable
- Run the latest version of iTunes
- Force restart the iPhone but don’t release the buttons once the Apple logo appears
- You need to wait for the iTunes app to appear
- From the available options, tap on Update
iTunes will try and reinstall the iOS 16 update that was interrupted the last time. Once the latest iOS 16 is installed on your device, you should not witness the Apple logo stuck again. Once the update process is done, set up your iPhone as you normally would.
Restore the iPhone in DFU mode
The DFU restore for your iPhone is predominantly the last step that you should opt for. What we’d recommend you do is try out the other methods first. If they don’t work, only then should you look into trying this one.
However, doing this process will make you lose all the data in your iPhone, so keep that in mind.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Connect the iPhone to your PC and open iTunes
- Press and release the Volume Up button while it’s connected to the PC
- Do the same with the Volume Down button too
- Hold the Power/Slide button simultaneously and wait until the screen turns black
- Again, press and hold down the Volume Down button while simultaneously pressing the Side button
- Wait for 5 seconds and release the Side button but keep pressing down on the Volume button
- The “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” message will pop up
Follow the on-screen instructions to recover the iPhone and then set up your iPhone from scratch.
These are all the ways you can use to get rid of the iOS 16 stuck on the Apple Logo. Always try the first three methods before you opt for the last one since that will end up deleting all your data, which isn’t something you want for your device.