Hola folks! I hope you have heard about the new software update iOS 15.4. This is said to be the fourth major update in the series of iOS 15 software update. For all the iPhone lovers out there, Christmas has come early bearing gifts for you in the form of iOS 15.4 software update.
Apple’s long-awaited iOS 15.4 is finally here and is now available on your Apple devices, just days after the new iPhone SE 3 (5G) was released. Face ID with mask, a gender-neutral Siri voice option, AirTag anti-stalking warnings, live integration with Notes and Reminders, and the long-awaited release of Universal Control are all included in the newest iPhone OS update 15.4. Isn’t that exciting!!
So far, five beta versions of iOS 15.4 have been released. This operating system is already uploaded on the iPhone 13 series, including the new green colour variation, as well as the iPhone SE 3 5G. No hassle to update their iPhone for you guys who have iPhone 13 series and iPhone SE 3 5G.
New IOS 15.4 Features
Apple iOS 15.4 Update: Compatible iPhones List
|iPhone 13iPhone 13 MiniiPhone 13 ProiPhone 13 Pro Max||iPhone 12iPhone 12 MiniiPhone 12 ProiPhone 12 Pro Max||iPhone 11iPhone 11 ProiPhone 11 Pro Max|
|iPhone XsiPhone Xs MaxiPhone XriPhone X||iPhone 8iPhone 8 Plus||iPhone 7iPhone 7 Plus|
|iPhone 6siPhone 6s Plus||iPhone SE (1st generation)iPhone SE (2nd generation)||iPod touch (7th generation)|
How to install iOS 15.4 in your iPhone?
For those who are yet to update their software, worry not. Here are the steps to install latest version if iOS.
Pro tip: As the 15.4 update is way more than a gigabit in size, make sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi to prevent exceeding your monthly data limit.
Go to settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Let us have a quick preview on all the new features in iOS 15.4.
- Third-party applications will support 120Hz ProMotion on the iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max.
- When you don’t check in to a website with a specific username, Safari will no longer keep your passwords automatically. To save a complete input, the software will ask for log-in information.
- You can now establish personalised email domains using iCloud Mail on your iPhone.
- The iPhone will operate with a PlayStation 5 DualSense controller with adjustable triggers.
- You may use the Share Sheet to start SharePlay.
- The swipe movements in the left and right corners of Notes can be adjusted.
- With the ‘Cosmetic Scan’ function, your iPhone will be inspected for damage when you trade it in.
- Websites and apps that use Passkey may now be accessed from an iPhone or iPad.
- There’s now a way to enable SharePlay directly from the sharing sheet in applications that support it.
- Safari’s translation tool now includes Italian and Chinese (Traditional).
- Tap to PAY: Apple pay payments will be accepted on iPhone without use of any debit cards or credit card.
Face ID with your mask on!
iPhone might be a little late on giving us this update where we can unlock our phone even when our mask is on. Anyway, it is finally here. This might not be the most secure option but it’s what we got. It also works with glasses but not with sunglasses. There is a catch! This update will only be available for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 models. It won’t be available for iPhone 11.
Have fun playing with emojis, because this time you are getting more than you have asked for. You will be getting 37 new emojis and 75 new skin tone. That makes a total of 112 new characters.
Turn off notifications using shortcuts.
There’s a new “Notify When Run” option for Personal Automations set up in the Shortcuts app that allows you turn alerts for Shortcuts that are enabled on or off. This option allows you to select whether or not to be alerted when a Shortcut is activated, which was not allowed in prior versions of iOS 15.
Apple Card Widget.
You can check your current balance and daily spending history with the Apple Card widget, which you can add to your home screen or the Today view.
iCloud Keychain Notes.
Password entries in Keychain can be accompanied by notes. It’s as simple as tapping on Passwords in Settings to enter your Keychain entries. iCloud Keychain may be found in the Settings app under “Passwords” on iPhone and iPad.
TV App Customization.
You may now pick “Still Frame” or “Poster Art” for the Up Next Display in the app under the TV section of the Settings app under “Preferences.”
Poster Art displays the major title pictures for shows or movies, whereas Still Frame displays still frames from what you’re seeing.
Health App: Vaccination Record.
Vaccination records in the EU Digital COVID Certificate format may now be added to the Health and Wallet applications, allowing EU residents to save their immunisation cards in the Wallet app for quick access.
New Siri Voice.
The iOS 14 introduces a new American Siri Voice that may be used in all interaction. According to Apple, the new Siri Voice isn’t explicitly masculine or female and was recorded by the members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Air Tag Changes.
It includes more clearer identification of devices, so you shouldn’t get any unknown accessory alerts. It is intended to be detected by the victims and enable law authorities to seek identifying information about the owner.
It allows us to utilise other devices as second displays smoothly, transferring content across them with only one device. This update will allow users to connect an iPad to a Mac and use a single mouse and keyboard across both devices that are signed into your iCloud account.
The function isn’t available on all devices. According to Apple, Universal Control is available on the following devices:
MacBook Pro (2016 and later), MacBook (2016 and later), MacBook Air (2018 and later), iMac (2017 and later), iMac (5K Retina 27-inch, late 2015), iMac Pro, Mac Mini (2018 and later), Mac Pro (2019), iPad Pro, iPad Air (third generation and later), iPad (sixth generation and later), iPad Mini (fifth generation and later)
This release also includes a number of bug patches, which are detailed below.
- Between entered numerals, the keyboard may insert a period.
- When you touch on the news widgets in Today View, they may not launch the articles.
- It will be possible that your photos and videos will not sync to your iCloud Photo Library.
- Within the Books app, the Speak Screen Accessibility function may stop working abruptly.
- Live When Control Center is turned off, Listen may not turn off.
Have you downloaded this update yet. Let me know in the comment section. And also, don’t forget to tell us which update among these is your favourite.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.