IOS 16 is in the market, and there is so much left to explore in its features. We already know all the mainstream features and how to use them according to our needs, but some features went unnoticed as they were minor. But let me clear the air by saying although there are some minor features they put as much impact on making our experience of using the iPhone device smooth and easy as the major ones. One of their minor features that were left out while counting the features, was how to make a picture into a sticker on iOS 16.
Apple has not given us the exact feature of converting our images into stickers, but we can make it possible by following a rather simple method to do so. We can do so by using the feature called Visual look up that enables photo cutouts. Thanks to the visual look up feature you can now lift the subject from any image completely deleting the background. But what can you do after removing the subject from the image? You can simply use it as a sticker and share them as per your desire with your friends and family or in any group.
How to make a picture sticker on iOS 16?
With the visual look up feature on iOS 16, you can easily make a picture into a sticker. There are 2 ways to do it, either you do it manually with the help of a files app that comes pre installed on your device, or you can install a drop sticker; a third party application to convert your pictures into stickers.
Method 1: Using file app
- Open the photos app on your iPhone.
- Choose your desired image.
- Long press on the subject of the image.
- Click on the share icon.
- Select Save to Files option.
- Tap on the save option after selecting the location where you want to save the sticker.
- Open the files app and locate the photos you just saved.
- Long press on the photo until you see the popup.
- Click on Quick Actions.
- Tap on Remove Background.
Note that the images that are converted into stickers will be shared as an image in other applications. And you may share it as a sticker on iMessage.
Method 2: Using Drop Sticker
- Install a drop sticker on your iPhone.
- Launch the application and click on the Continue option.
- Now open the photos application.
- Choose the desired photo that you want to convert into the sticker.
- Long press on the subject until it is selected and then drag it across the screen to make a cut out and separate it from the background.
- Do not let go of the selected cutout, and by using another finger open the Drop sticker app.
- Drop your selected image in the pop up given on the screen.
- By doing so a sticker of your selected subject will automatically be created.
- You may even customize the sticker by adding text, border, or colors to it as per your wish by simply clicking on the sticker.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.