Storing a driving license on iPhone has become easy now with the support of the iOS 15 update. With the new iOS 15 update, Apple added the futuristic feature to create a digital world where you can keep your IDs safely. Hence, you can add a driver’s license to Apple Wallet.
Not just a driving license, users will also be able to store their house key, hotel room key, office laptop key, and more in the Apple Wallet as a digital card. The function is limited to some areas in the USA, and Apple is working with government authorities to expand this benefit for other regions. To make this feature more secure, the tech giant says it secures your IDs with the same technology and encryption backing your credit cards in Apple Pay. It will also support by the TSA.
How To Store Driving License on iPhone’s Apple Wallet
Note: Currently, this feature is available on the iOS 15 beta version. It will roll out for every fall with the stable version of iOS 15.
Apple Wallet Drivers License States Support:
- New York
- Launch the Apple Wallet app on your iPhone running iOS 15.
- Next, tap on the Plus icon (+) at the upper right corner of the display and choose the card type from an identification card, hotel key, digital car key, transit card and more.
- Now you need to follow the on-screen information. The device will ask you to scan the front and backside of your driving license and make sure that you are living in the bright area.
- Once your license is scanned, the Waller app will ask you to wait to confirm when your ID is secure, and you can start using it.
- After your driving license is added to the Apple Wallet, you need to open the Apple Wallet app, select your ID, and show the information as per the place like TSA air security or else to show your name, date of birth, ID number, photo and more. You need to use your Face ID or passcode for other sensitive payment cards.
That was so simple!
We already heard that Google is working on the same feature to add drivers license to Android, but Apple left them behind as they added this feature with iOS 15. So I guess you would go out with your Apple virtual wallet without bringing the bulky pocket wallet in the future.
Started using this feature? Need more help? Or want to share something about the same? Please drop the comment below.