On many iPhones or iPads, many consumers are unable to successfully install iOS 16. The most recent version of the Apple OS, then choose the “They receive an error message that reads, “Cannot update. When installing iOS16 on an iPhone or iPad, a mistake happened. Try once more later or remind me.” If you are also getting this type of error then you need to follow the steps given in this article to try and solve this issue. Continue reading the article to get to know more about the solution to this problem.
The most common reasons for errors when upgrading iOS16 or above are network problems or incorrectly configured iPhone settings. The mistake has even been reported on iPads as well, so it is not only an issue with a certain iPhone device. When you attempt to upgrade to the iOS 16 on your iPhone but are unsuccessful, an error message appears. Sometimes, the issue occurred as the iPhone was confirming the downloaded iOS update.
Some of the remedies to your iPhone not installing updates problem are provided below in this guide and can be used in a matter of clicks. So carefully read the instructions before selecting the one that best satisfies your needs.
9 Ways Fix Error Occurred Installing iOS 16
- You need to check the compatibility of your device that supports IOS 16 software update.
- You need to force restart your device. This will dump all the junk files and refresh its memory. It will also get rid of the unwanted bugs that is stopping your iPhone from updating to IOS 16.
- You need to reset your network settings. This will update all information which is related to your network used on your iPhone device.
- You need to check if you have enough storage space to install new software update of IOS 16 on your iPhone device. Due to lack of memory and storage data the error of updating might occur.
- Web traffic from your iPhone that is forwarded over the iCloud’s Private Relay function might result in the problem under discussion because corrupted data packets could go from your iPhone to Apple servers.
- Try disabling low power mode on your device.
- Make sure that you have sufficient charging on your iPhone.
- Disable VPN if it is connected, as it might interfere with the update.
- The final steps if all the above steps do not work is that you can update your iPhone to IOS 16 with the help of iTunes using computer/ laptop or Mac.
Try the above given solutions and then move forward with the installation process of iOS 16. If the issue still occurs then you might want to take help from Apple care support as there might be some issue with your iPhone’s system.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.