The iPhone 12 series are some of the best iPhones ever produced by the company. But there might be a slight chance that because of faulty updates, corrupted files, malware attacks etc some software issues can develop. Whatever may be the reason, the Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode can help you to recover easily.
What is DFU Mode?
DFU mode stands for Device Firmware Update mode. This mode is helpful when you need to update your iPhone through iTunes. With DFU mode, you can bypass the technicalities of iBootloader and can upgrade, downgrade or restore your iPhone 12 with iTunes.So it is important to see how to enter & exit DFU mode easily.
How to Enter or Exit DFU Mode on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
Steps To Entering to DFU Mode on iPhone 12 Devices
Prerequisites to enter DFU mode –
- Windows or Mac computer (latest Catalina installed)
- Latest iTunes installed
- Lightning to USB cable
Step 1: Connecting your iPhone to a Computer
Connect your iPhone on your Mac or Windows computer using the Lightning to USB or Lightning to USB-C cable. After you have connected your iPhone 12 to your computer, Unlock your iPhone using your Face ID or Fingerprint or passcode.
Step 2: Trusting your Computer to access iPhone’s Data
If you have a Mac computer then on your Mac → open the Finder → click on the iPhone option. It may display the name of your iPhone on the sidebar under the Locations section.
For Windows users→ open up iTunes → click on your connected iPhone.
If you have connected your iPhone to your computer for the first time. Then you need to click on the Trust button to enable your iPhone’s access to your computer.
After that, a prompt will appear on your iPhone. Click on the Trust option → enter your device passcode to enable your computer to access your iPhones data.
Step 3: Booting into DFU Mode
Finally you will have to press the buttons in a specific pattern to Enter into DFU Mode. Just follow the pattern mentioned here, and you will enter into DFU mode.
- Press the Volume Up button, then press the Volume Down button immediately. Then press-hold the Side/Power button till your iPhone’s 12 screen goes black.
- Now, release the Side button and then press-hold both the Side/Power button and the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
- Then release the Side button but don’t stop pressing the Volume Down button. Finder or iTunes will recognize this pattern tat DFU mode has been enabled and will oot your device into DFU mode.
- A prompt will also be displayed on Finder and iTunes that your iPhone has entered into recovery or DFU mode
Steps To Exiting from DFU Mode on iPhone 12 Series
To exit from DFU mode without causing any damage to your iPhone firstly press the Volume Up button. Then quickly press the Volume Down button after that immediately press and hold the Power button for at least 5 to 10 seconds.
Then whenever you see an Apple logo on your iPhone 12 screen release the Power button. It will only take a couple of seconds to boot back into your iPhone and exit from DFU mode.