The new ipadOS 14 was recently launched on 16th September. Apple had announced the launch of its new update in the WWDC event in June. The beta version of the update was launched in the same month.
According to the company, the new iPadOS 14 update comes with lots of new features. This has excited users.
If you are someone who is looking for ways to download the new update, then you are in the right place. In this post, we will not only help you with the installation process but also give you a little insight into the update. So without wasting time, let’s dive into the details.
Features of iPadOS 14
Like we mentioned before, the new iPadOS 14 has many new features. Some of the features that you will find in the new update are:
- It includes support for widgets to make things convenient for you.
- It comes with an app library.
- They have included the Picture-in-Picture feature in FaceTime calls.
Before we move onto the download process, you should know that you can download the new update only on a compatible device.
Here is the complete list of devices that are compatible with the new iPadOS 14 updates. If you have any of these devices, then you can download the update easily.
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4th and 3rd gen)
- iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd and 1st gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch ( 1st and 2nd gen)
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch
- iPad 8th, 7th, 6th, and 5th gen
- iPad mini
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (4th and 3rd gen)
- iPad air 2
Steps To Install iPadOS 14
Now that you know the compatible devices for the update, we can move on to learning the steps. These steps can be followed by anyone as they are very easy. For those who are doing it for the first time should pay close attention to the details given below.
- At first, you need to access the settings of your device and go to the option General.
- From there, select the option Software Update.
- You will get to see a notice containing the description of the new update. In case, you don’t see the notice, you should try updating your device a little later.
- Now select the option Download and Install. After that follow the prompts as shown on your screen. There are chances that your update is already downloaded on your device. In that case, you just have to select the Install option to complete the process. This should take you just a couple of minutes. Once it is completed, you are good to use your device.
You should know that while updating your device, you won’t be able to use it or switch it off. Usually, the update takes up to 15 minutes to download. Sometimes it takes less time as well. You need to be patient for the installation process to get completed. Another thing to keep in mind is that you should connect your device to Wi-Fi before you download the update. That’s because the update size is big and will require a fast internet connection to get downloaded.
The new ipadOS 14 update is way better than all the previous updates. Apple has tried to incorporate as many new features as they could to give you better user experience. The next ipadOS 15 updates are going to arrive next year at the around same time. It is reported that the next update will have even more features than ipadOS 14. But for now, you can enjoy exploring this update.