Microsoft has been on its toes for a couple of months. After launching Bing AI, now Microsoft has been planning a new feature that will benefit Apple users. On Tuesday Microsoft said that it has been planning on introducing new connectivity features for Apple products so that they can connect to windows 11 wirelessly without any fuss. It is a great step and feature since Apple products are limited to many things and only connect to Apple products. This new feature is called Phone Link will allow windows 11 to connect to iPhone in order to display notifications, send messages, receive calls, and many more. Let us get into a details phone line that will let you connect you’re your iPhone to windows 11 wirelessly.
What is a Phone Link?
By connecting an iPhone and a Windows 11 computer through Bluetooth radio, the new feature, which Microsoft is calling Phone Link for iOS, will enable “basic” functionality for calls, texts, and app notifications. The software will not let users send multimedia messages with photographs or videos or take part in group message chats when it is first made available for restricted public testing.
Microsoft’s efforts to more tightly integrate Windows computers with Apple’s well-known products and services with its Phone Link software are merely the most recent in a line of initiatives in this direction.
When will the Phone Link feature be accessible to the public?
Insiders who have chosen to enroll their device in one of the three Insider Channels via Settings > Windows Update > Windows Insider Program will start receiving the preview. Although not all Insiders will get the preview immediately away because Microsoft is starting this preview with a small portion of Insiders initially throughout this week. Depending on the feedback Microsoft gets from this initial group of Insiders, it will gradually extend access to the preview to more Insiders. The Phone Link app version 1.23012.169.0 or later is required for the preview, however, the preview itself is cloudcontrolled.
How to use the Phone link to connect windows 11 to your iPhone?
- You will see the option to select your iPhone on the Phone Link homepage if you are an Insider who receives the preview of Phone Link for iOS. (You are not yet in the preview if the iPhone button is greyed out and has a coming soon message.)
- The guided installation will begin to pair your iPhone after you select the iPhone option.
- You will be given instructions on how to perform a Bluetooth pairing between your iPhone and PC.
- The process will start after you scan a QR code displayed on your screen, and it will then proceed to the confirmation phases that allow us to verify that the phone and computer are within range.
- You will be required to verify that the code in Phone Link matches the code displayed on your iPhone during this step.
- After pairing is complete, you will be prompted to give us a set of rights so that we may sync all of your favourite content to Phone Link.
- You must grant permissions in the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone in order to use Phone Link.
- This is an important step in getting contacts and notifications from your iPhone to display properly in Phone Link.
Phone Link will offer basic iOS support for calls, messages, and contacts after the guided installation are finished, your iPhone is connected to your PC, and the appropriate permissions are granted. Selecting indicates that you will receive the notification straight through Windows notifications. Sending media in messages or reacting to group messages are not supported by Phone Link.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.