Looking for an iPhone Upgrade but wondering whether you are eligible for this process or not? Worry no more as we are here to assist. Upgrading your old iPhone is no less than a rewarding experience for users but unfortunately, not everyone is eligible to enjoy this experience. There are a few handful of lucky people who get this opportunity of replacing their age-old device with a new one.
Do you want to try your luck and want to check whether you can feel this amazing experience or not? In that case, keep scrolling the page and find your eligibility status.
Are you eligible for upgrading your iPhone?
Owing to the current iPhone subsidy system, determining who is eligible for an upgrade is more complicated. For this, you either need to contact the outlet to fetch more information about your eligibility or you can connect Apple, if you bought your phone directly from the company.
In general, you’re qualified to upgrade to a new iPhone if you meet the following criteria:
- If you haven’t purchased a new phone in at least two years.
- If you changed your phone provider.
- Pay down your current iPhone’s balance.
- Use a monthly payment plan that allows for updates regularly (often after 12 months).
In addition to eligibility, you can use the following tools to see if you can upgrade your iPhone:
- Apple Upgrade Program
To upgrade your program under this program, you need to visit Apple’s website to check your status. Proceed further if you are eligible.
- Customers of Verizon
For all those using Verizon, you’ll receive a text message with your current status if you dial #874.
- Customers of AT&T
If you are an AT&T customer, you’ll get a text message with your status if you dial *639#. Check your eligibility status and move next for the final upgrade.
- Customers of T-Mobile
If you are using T-Mobile, follow the steps mentioned below to log in to your T-Mobile account or the T-Mobile app.
- Visit the official website of T-Mobile and go to the Accounts tab.
- Enter the email/ phone number/ username with which you have created an account and click on the Next button.
- Add your password and log in to your account to check the eligibility status.
- Customers of Sprint
Are you are Sprint customer? Look no further and visit the Sprint official link https://www.sprint.com/ to get more information on your eligibility status. After navigating to their site, enter your Sprint username and password to get the job done.
Steps to upgrade your iPhone
So, now if you are eligible for an iPhone upgrade, wait no more and follow the steps mentioned below to get it done.
Step 1: Check to see whether you qualify for an upgrade
- Simply select the iPhone you’d want to upgrade to once you’ve confirmed your eligibility.
- Alternatively, you can visit an Apple Store and have an expert assist you in selecting your new iPhone.
Step 2: Select the AppleCare+ plan that best suits your needs.
- Choose between AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss and basic AppleCare+.
Step 3: Give us your carrier account information.
- If you already have a wireless account, you’ll need your password and other account information.
Step 4: Get your personal information together, as well as your credit or debit card.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth will be requested for a credit check.
- A valid US credit or debit card is also required. It is not possible to utilize pre-paid cards.
- If you’re enrolling at an Apple Store, you’ll need a valid primary and secondary form of identification, both of which must have the same first and last names.
Step 5: Take delivery of your new iPhone. Return your old iPhone to Apple as well.
- You may have your new iPhone delivered to your home for free if you upgrade online or through the Apple Store app. The Apple store offers you a Trade-in Kit once it arrives. This way, you can return your old iPhone to Apple and get a new one.
- Once the returning process is completed, pick up your new iPhone in a store, usually on the same day. Remember to bring your current iPhone to trade-in when you visit the store.
- Before trading in your current iPhone, make sure you backup your data to your PC or iCloud.
It’s probably enough to upgrade every two years to keep up with the current design and functionality. The iPhones are supported and receive software updates for four or five years and should last at least that long. Over a two-to-three-year period, iPhone features are most likely to change.
So, that’s it!! We hope our guide will let you know whether you are eligible for such an upgrade or not. If you are, then follow the steps mentioned above and get your new phone within the least possible time.