It’s been a while since Apple releases iOS 14.1. Finally, the next upgrade for Apple’s iOS 14 is here with some new features and most awaited bug fixes. While most users have already installed and new iOS 14.2 and started enjoying the latest update, some users are still wondering what’s new on iOS 14.2.
If you have not updated your device, then go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install and install the update. The download size of iOS 14.2 is around 1 GB depend on the iPhone you are using. If you have iPhone 12 devices, you can download the update over the cellular data since it supports 5G.
Once the update is downloaded, your iPhone will restart and show the Apple logo on the screen. Most users think that iPhone is stuck at the Apple logo issue, but don’t worry about it. Just give it some time.
10 new iOS 14.2 features
- It included more than 100 new emojis like food, faces, household objects, musical instruments, gender-inclusive emoji, and more
- From the new iPhone 12 series, Apple has added latest eight new wallpapers for other iPhone users with iOS 14.2.
- If you are using iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max then new Magnifier update can detect people nearby and report their distance with LiDAR sensor.
- iOS 14.2 will also help iPhone 12 to supper Leather Sleeve with MagSafe.
- Optimized battery charging for AirPods to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time your AirPods spends fully charged.
- Now your iPhone will notify the headphone level when audio level could impact your hearing.
- New AirPlay control added to stream entertainment throughout your home.
- The most impressive Intecom support added with HomePod and HomePod mini when you use iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, and CarPlay.
- Apple added the capacity to connect HomePod to Apple TV 4K for stereo, surround sound, and Dolby Atmos audio.
- Apple will provide statistics about Exposure Notifications, without identifying you, to participating Public Health Authorities.
If you have updated your iPhone to the latest iOS 14.2 then you should try out these new features on your iPhone. You can also share any new hidden feature of iOS 14.2 with us in the comment section.