How often does it happen that you are in an important meeting and people keep blowing up your phone with calls, text messages, and notifications? The last thing you want is to be disturbed but as luck would have it, that’s exactly what you are experiencing in this situation.
Thankfully, the iPhone comes with a “Do Not Disturb” feature, which allows you to comfortably use your iPhone without any kinds of distractions along the way. It is a monumental feature and allows you to comfortably chat with people without any distractions along the way.
With the DND mode enabled, it completely silences the iPhone, allowing you to keep the notifications out and the screen in dark mode as well. Even when you have the notifications popping in, your iPhone won’t light up, providing you with optimal privacy.
This article will explore all the details you need to know about DND on iPhones without any hassle.
How to Manually Disable Do Not Disturb on an iPhone?
DND is not a feature that is enabled as standard on your iPhone, which means that you have to enable it manually. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open up the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom panel.
- Tap on the Do Not Disturb icon from the Control panel.
- Tapping on this will enable the DND feature and your notifications will be silenced. If you want to disable it, you need to open the Control Center again and disable it from there.
For further customization, you can long-press the DND button to enable it for one hour, until the evening, or until you leave your current location.
How to Enable Do Not Disturb at a Particular Time of the Day?
For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned:
- Tap and open the Settings on your iPhone
- Tap on Do Not Disturb
You have a scheduling option where you can set the time from which you want the DND feature to be switched on. Once done, click on Done and your DND feature will be enabled at the set timing every day.
How to Customize Do Not Disturb?
Irrespective of what you think, the iPhone does provide access to a variety of customization features, including customizing the DND feature. Here are a few options that you can look into:
- It comes with the Bedtime mode and it will prevent any kinds of notifications from popping in throughout the night.
- It comes with a Silence section and then picks the customization options from there. There are two options – “Always” and “While iPhone is Locked”.
- You can select who can call you via the settings under the Phone application. You can select no one or your favorites’ calls to come through and block out the rest.
- While driving, the Do Not Disturb feature is automatically enabled.
The Do Not Disturb is an extremely used iPhone feature that allows you to conduct your meetings in peace, get your work done without distracting notifications, and have an undisputed time on your iPhone without any hassle.