On October 13 at Apple Park, the Cupertino-based company released new iPhone 12 models with latest A14 Bionic Chip. Apple also started shipping the device.
As we know that iPhone 12 has the latest iOS 14, Apple also releases the new iOS 14.1 update to make everything smooth on iPhone 12 and other devices. With the new iOS 14.1, Apple added the support of various iPhone 12 features and fixed many bugs from the previous version.
Without further ado, let’s find out new features of iOS 14.1.
iOS 14.1 New Features
- Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and edit in Photos for iPhone 8 and later
- Addresses an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons were showing up in reduced size on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue where dragging widgets on the Home Screen could remove apps from folders
- Fixes an issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias
- Fixes an issue that could prevent incoming calls from displaying region information
- Fixes an issue on some devices where selecting zoomed display mode and an alphanumeric passcode could result in the Lock Screen emergency call button overlapping with the text input box
- Addresses an issue where some users were occasionally unable to download or add songs to their library while viewing an album or playlist
- Fixes an issue that could prevent zeroes from appearing in Calculator
- Resolves an issue where streaming video resolution could temporarily be reduced at the start of playback
- Fixes an issue that prevented setting up a family member’s Apple Watch for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Apple Watch case material was displayed incorrectly in the Apple Watch app
- Addresses an issue in the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display content as unavailable
- Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points
These are the new feature of iOS 14.1. Some of these features are not available for specific regions. So update your iPhone to the latest iOS 14.1 version and feel free to share any hidden gems in the comment section.