Apple’s Watches received Watchos 8.7.1 update, the newest update for the Apple Watch Series 3. This new update is only available to the Watchos 8 operating system, which runs on the latest Apple Watch Series 3.
However, the update is new and only for the latest Apple Watch Series 3; many users are complaining about the Watchos 8.7.1 stuck on preparing issues.
Even though the Watchos 8.7.1 does not include any major feature for the Apple Watch Series 3, it was released to fix minor bugs and security patch. Still, it would be better to download and install latest Watchos 8.7.1 on the Apple Watch Series 3.
Methods to fix Watchos 8.7.1 Stuck On Preparing
- First, you need to check on your iPhone that it has the latest iOS software installed.
- Make sure that Apple Watch has at least a 50% of charge.
- Both devices-Apple Watch and iPhone should be in close range.
- You can restart your Apple Watch by Pressing and holding the side button until you see the power-off slider. Drag the slider. Wait for your watch to turn off. Then press and hold the side button again to turn on your watch.
- Also, restarting you iPhone will be helpful to get rid of Watchos 8.7.1 stuck on preparing issue.
- Deleting watchOS update from General > Usage > Software Update. Delete the file and then again try to download and install it.
- You can un-pair and then again pair it with iPhone to fix watchOS 8.7.1 update preparing issue.
Deleting the downloaded watchOS 8.7.1 file and heading back to the software update to fix Watchos 8.7.1 stuck on preparing issue on Apple Watch Series 3. Do you know any other working method to fix the issue? Feel free to share with us in the comment box.