Make way for the new feature of multitasking and keeping things organized on the iPad. With the release of iPad OS 16.1, Apple released a new feature called stage manager. The stage manager is considered one of the most important features to arrive with iPad OS 16.1. Stage manager makes your work life on iPad easier than ever. It will bring all the apps which you need to the center of your screen and remove other applications which are not in use, and make them located at the side of the screen so they won’t get in between. The apps that are removed from the center of the screen will still be visible but in very small size and will be in a pileup. The tiles in Stage Manager can even be updated in real time, so you can see when something changes, such as when you receive a new text message in Messages or an email in Mail.
Using a stage manager is pretty easy and doesn’t require much work to enable and organize it. Follow the steps given below to get a full overview of how the stage manager feature works.
How to use stage manager on iPad
- Go to the settings app on your iPad.
- Go to the home screen and multitasking tab.
- Tap on stage manager.
- Enable the use stage manager on the iPad option.
Stage Manager on iPadOS 16 organises your active apps into a strip on the left side of the screen for easy access. When you hide Recent Apps or the Dock, your apps take up more space on the tablet’s screen. You may easily toggle these options on and off.
- Check the box for recent apps as per your choice.
- Tick on the option dock if you wish to do so.
How to use stage manager on iPad: Using the control centre
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your screen to open the control centre.
- Tap on the stage manager icon to enable it. If you click on the icon again it will disable the stage manager.
- You may check or uncheck the box of recent apps and docks as per your choice by long pressing on the stage manager icon.
When you enable Stage Manager, the app you choose will move to the centre, while the most recently used app will move to the left.
You may even change the size of the application on the screen as per your convenience.
To resize an app:
- Press and hold the indicator, visible at the bottom right of the currently active app.
- To change the size of a window, use your fingers or the mouse pointer.
To use more than 1 app on the screen:
- Launch the first app you want to group.
- Then, from the Recent Apps area or the Dock, drag & drop the second app into the main screen.
- Click on the app that you want to ungroup.
- Select the three horizontal dots in the app’s upper middle.
- To remove an app from a group, tap Minimize.
Which iPads are compatible with Stage Manager?
The stage manager is not available on every iPad model. It is limited to iPad devices which consist of Apple’s M1 chip processor.
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.