I have seen many questions like “can I unlock iPhone wearing a mask”, Is there any way to unlock iPhone with mask on” or “how can I unlock my iPhone using Apple Watch” on Apple forum in last six months.
Finally, the tech giant found the way unlocks iPhone with mask iOS 14.
After going through the worldwide lockdown, people learn the way to go back to the routine. Wearing a mask is one of the most important things we learnt from the lockdown.
As we are back to the normal while wearing the mask, it annoys or bothersome to unlock the iPhone by taking off the mask. Hence, many iPhone X and later version owners ask for the way to unlock iPhone with mask. To help you with it, we are here!
How To Unlock My iPhone While Wearing Mask on iOS 14
- Make sure you have Apple Watch running watchOS 7.4 and enabled passcode on your iPhone. You can enable it by heading to Settings > Passcode > Turn Passcode on)
- Your iPhone must run iOS 14.5 update ( currently available as a beta)
- Make sure you are wearing Apple Watch on your wrist.
- Must have Wrist Detection activated.
If you much the above requirement, you can go down the steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on Face ID and Passcode option.
- Scroll down to “Unlock with Apple Watch” option and turn the toggle next to Apple Watch.
During the first time, you will have to enter the passcode when you try to unlock the iPhone with Apple Watch. If your Watch is unlocked on your wrist and try to unlock iPhone with Face ID, your iPhone will know that you are trying to unlock the device and unlock it without removing the mask.
Once your iPhone is unlocked, you will get the notification alert on your Apple Watch that your iPhone is opened so that you can lock the device again.
This is how you can unlock your iPhone without taking off the mask. But you will have to remove mask for other payment-related things. For me, this feature is a gem as we often unlock the device and have to take off mask to unlock iPhone every time.
What do you think about this iPhone unlocking with Apple Watch function? Have you tested it yet? If so, do share your feedback with other readers through the comment box.