Internet browsing is fun and all unless you are bombarded with an unnecessary onslaught of ads that pop up without any inhibition. Using a TOR-enabled browser on your iOS device allows you to prevent ad services and also prevent cookies to track your browsing usage.
The primary use of a TOR is to encrypt your browsing history, and also shield the IP address of your iPhone. When you use a TOR-enabled browser, it becomes impossible for you to track any of the IP addresses without any complications.
However, when you use a TOR VPN on iOS, certain websites don’t appear on your browsing process during the usual browsing experience. The main reason why this happens is to shield your iPhone against malicious content on the said website.
Ways to use the TOR VPN on iOS
Now that you have a basic idea about the TOR VPN and its significance, the next thing that’s worth considering is the steps to use the same on your iPhone.
Technically, the process isn’t as complicated as you think. Here’s what you need to do:
- Unlock your iPhone and then open Apple’s App Store
- In the search bar, type TOR and then tap on the Search option
- Select the TOR-enabled browser. You need to select the option that works best for your iPhone.
- Tap on Get if it’s not a free app. If it’s a free app, you should be able to install it directly on your iPhone.
- Once you tap on the Install button, the download process should start immediately.
- Also, for verification, you might have to enter the Apple ID or verify using the Touch ID.
- Once the download is complete, tap on Open.
- If you find a prompted on-screen message, tap on Connect to TOR.
Following that, you should be able to directly use this TOR-enabled browser to kickstart the browsing process without any complications.