There could be several reasons that propel you to record an ongoing call on your iPhone. It could be for safety purposes or even for personal reasons. You might need to record a call to keep track of the conversation for a later date.
But, can you record a call on your iPhone without an app? This is one of the most common questions that people have. We have managed to sort down the top 4 ways in which you can record a call without any hassle.
How does the iPhone Call Recording work?
Unlike Android where you can directly record the call while on the call, the same isn’t possible on an iPhone. There are some downsides and restrictions to the process. For the most part, you need to download a third-party application to sort out the process.
How To Record Call on iPhone Without App?
However, not every iPhone user wants to go through the hassle of separately installing a third-party application, which is completely fine. What you can do instead is follow the methods we have sorted out down below.
#1 Use another device
One of the handiest recording methods for an iPhone call is by using another device in close vicinity. You can start the voice recording app on another iPhone or Android smartphone and record the ongoing call while keeping the ongoing call on speaker.
We’d highly recommend that you keep the ongoing call on the loudspeaker because that will amplify the sound and make it easier for you to record the call.
Once done recording, you can always go ahead and save it on your phone and come back to the call in the meantime.
#2 Use Google Voice
Another effective way by which you can record your calls on the iPhone is by using Google voice. It is free to use VoIP service that allows you to record ongoing iPhone calls without any hassle at all. Just ensure that you are signed into your Google account because that’s mandatory if you wish to use this particular feature.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit voice.google.com on your iPhone’s Safari app and then set up your Google Voice account on your iPhone
- You need to install and run the Google Voice app on the iPhone and complete the set-up by following the on-screen instructions
- Return to the app’s primary page and navigate to the three-bar menu that presents on the top-left corner of the screen
- From there, tap on Settings and then tap on Calls
- Turn it on for the Incoming Calls
- To successfully record the conversation, you need to dial the number you wish to call and then type 4 at the end
- Once done, and when you want to stop the recording, tap on 4 again.
#3 Using Voicemail inbox
Another effective method by which you can record the iPhone calls is by using the voicemail inbox. If the voicemail feature works on your iPhone, this method should work effortlessly and without any hassle at all.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Dial the phone number you want to record the conversation of
- Tap on the Add Call menu from the interface
- Navigate to the number you are calling in your contact list and tap on call again
- Doing so will add the ongoing call to the voicemail directly
- Once it’s confirmed that your voicemail has been added, tap on the “Merge” option
The voicemail will record the ongoing call on the iPhone without any hassle at all.
#4 Using an external recording website
Last on the list is using an external recording website. They are quite abundantly available and make a good replacement for the standard third-party applications that you come across.
However, they do involve trusting third-party websites, which can be a little risky, especially if you are dealing with highly sensitive information during the calls. Always choose secure websites that are well-known in the market.
Following these simple methods should give you a comprehensive idea of how you can record your iPhone calls without using any third-party apps. Also, all of these methods are safe, so you won’t have to worry about the safety of the details that you are sharing via the calls.