A new software update for iPhone users called IOS 16.3.1 was made available on February 13th, 2023. It provides security upgrades and bug patches for iCloud, Siri, Find My, and crash detection problems. Also, it fixes flaws that might have been deliberately exploited. Other than these there are no new features or updates that came along with iOS 16.3.1. There are many users who believed that the new emojis were coming with iOS 16.3.1 update. So, in this article I am going to address this issue and tell you everything you need to know about new emojis in iOS 16.3.1 and whether it is available or not.
Are there any new emojis for iOS 16.3.1?
iOS 16.3.1 is a minor update containing bug fixes and security patches. Other than that there are no new features and emojis that were launched with iOS 16.3.1. Since it is just a minor update with regular bug fixes, we cannot expect anything new. So, there are no new emojis that came along with iOS 16.3.1.
if you are looking for new emojis then you should look for iOS 16.4 update. The developer’s beta of iOS 16.4 is already out and has almost 31 new emojis. The public beta is still not yet been released but we are expecting it to be released in the coming week. You can even wait for the official release of iOS 16.4 if you are in no hurry to use the new emojis.
Can you get iOS 16.4 emojis on iOS 16.3.1?
Officially you would have to install iOS 16.4 in order to get its new emojis. Since iOS 16.3.1 does not have any new emojis you would have to look for a way to use iOS 16.4 emojis on your device running iOS 16.3.1. Obviously, there is no official way to get this done but if your device is jailbroken then we can definitely find a tweak.
If your iPhone is jailbroken then you can get iOS 16.4 new emojis on your iOS 16.3.1 running device. The steps can only be done of your device is jailbroken otherwise it is not possible to do so.
How to get iOS 16.4 new emojis on iOS 16.3.1?
this port comes by way of PoomSmart, a jailbreak tweak developer and master in the arts of porting Emojis from newer to older firmware.
- Open the Sileo app on your jailbroken iPhone device.
- Tap on the sources tab.
- Click on the + icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Enter the URL: https://poomsmart.github.io/repo/
- Now click on the Add source button.
- Wait for a few seconds till the loading is finished.
- Open the Search tab and type EmojiPort into the search bar.
- Tap on the package that corresponds to your iOS version. In this case, we’re using iOS 16, so we’ll choose the EmojiPort (iOS 12.0-16.3) package.
- Click on the Get button and then tap on the Queue option.
- Click confirm when prompted.
- After the installation is done click on Restart SpringBoard.
- After it’s done close and launch the Sileo app again.
- Open the Search tab and type EFM Font Setter into the search bar.
- Tap on the EFM Font Setter option from the search results.
- Click on the Get button and then the Queue option.
- Tap confirm again when prompted and then Restart SpringBoard.
- Now go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the EmojiFontManager tab and click on AppleColorEmoji.
- Tap on Respring.
- That’s it!
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.