As always Apple never fails to surprise its users with new features. Apple with its software update gives users a blissful experience and performance. There are many users who might not be as happy as others with some of the features. For example, Safari redesign! Earlier, the search bar that is located at the top of the screen but after the update of iOS 15 the search bar shifted to the bottom of the screen. Some users find this feature as something new, some change while others are a bit skeptical about it and want it located as per its previous location. Not many like the changes happening around so often, especially when it messes around muscle memory.
Every time you open safari your finger moves toward the top of the screen to type in the search bar, but then suddenly you realize that it is shifted. It might be annoying sometimes. But once you get in habit of using the search bar from the bottom of your screen then it becomes less annoying. Some users thought that it was a useless update, but seeing from its design perspective, it totally makes sense as it reaches your hand easily without going across your device.
Can you move the search bar in iOS 15?
Yes! You can definitely move the search bar in iOS 15. Luckily, having a search bar at the bottom of the screen isn’t permanent. You can locate the search bar to its previous position from the settings app or by going to the safari app itself. It is pretty simple to do so.
How to move the search bar in iOS 15: Using Safari
- Open the Safari app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of the screen locate the search bar, you will find the AA icon on the left side of the search bar.
- Tap on the aA icon.
- Now click on the option Show top address bar from the displayed menu.
- You search bar will now be shifted to the top of the screen, in its original place.
How to move the search bar in iOS 15: Using the Settings app
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the safari tab.
- Click on the single tab option under the tabs section.
- If you want to search bar at the bottom of the screen then you may click on the tab bar option from the tabs section.
- Open safari and you will notice that the search bar is shifted to its previous location.
That’s it, folks! Follow any steps given above if you want to locate the search bar on the top of your screen. Follow the same steps if you want to change back the position of the search bar.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.