So, you have switched to your dream Apple iPhone while leaving your age-old Android behind. Well, before celebrating your happiness, you should learn how to transfer your precious data from your Android to your iPhone without losing a single inch of it.
Unlike Android to Android or Apple to Apple, Android to Apple data transfer is a bit intimidating and requires in-depth knowledge about these two different platforms. If you have recently stepped into the Apple world and have no idea how to get the data transfer done, keep scrolling as we are to assist. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the step-by-step process to move your important information from Android to iPhone effortlessly. Without delaying a minute, let’s rumble.
Is Data Transfer After iPhone Set Up Possible?
Yes, you can rebuild a backup and download all of your applications and app information. But keep in mind that the process will overwrite your phone’s existing details. You may have overwritten the copy to utilize if you have already backed up after setting up the phone.
Some applications that synchronize their material with iCloud will be able to access if the app switches in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud get turned on. Whether you restore a backup or not, you can download paid applications again as the information will no longer get connected with the programs.
Important Things to be Carried Out Before your Start Moving Data
Carry out the below-mentioned things before heading to the data transfer process.
- Check to see if Wi-Fi gets turned on on your Android device.
- Update Chrome on your Android smartphone to the most recent version if you wish to transfer your Chrome bookmarks.
- Connect both your iOS and Android devices to a power source.
- Check if the content you’re moving will fit your new iOS device, including what’s on your external Micro SD card.
Steps to move Data from Android to iPhone
Here’s given the step-by-step process to move data from Android to iPhone. Follow the steps religiously to avoid any further hassle.
Step 1: From Android, tap Move Data.
- Look for the Apps & Data page while configuring your new iOS device.
- After that, go to the Android menu, select Move Data. (If you’ve previously completed the setup, you’ll need to reset your iOS device.)
- You can manually transfer your material if you don’t want to remove it.
Step 2: Go to the Move to iOS app and tap the “Open” button.
- Open your Android device and use the Move to iOS app.
- If you don’t have the Move to iOS app, you may get into the Google Play Store by hitting the QR code button on your new iOS device and scanning it with the camera on your Android device.
- Continue by reading the terms and conditions when you press the Continue button. To continue, tap Agree.
Step 3: Keep an eye out for a code.
- When you get to the Transfer from Android to your iPhone option, tap on the Continue button to move further.
- Then hold for a while and be patient until a code appears. You can dismiss a notification on your Android device that says you have a poor internet connection.
Step 4: Make use of the code
- The next step is to enter the code on your Android device and move further.
Step 5: Connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot for the time being.
- A temporary Wi-Fi network will get created on your iOS device.
- When prompted, press Connect to connect your Android device to that network.
Step 6: Wait for a while you choose your content.
- Continue after selecting the content you want to transfer to your Android device.
- Turn off both devices until the loading bar on your iOS device vanishes, even if your Android smartphone says that the operation is complete.
- Keep your devices close to each other and plugged into power until the transfer is complete.
- The transfer could take a long time, depending on how much data you’re moving.
- Contacts, message history, camera photographs and videos, photo albums, files and folders, accessibility settings, display settings, online bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars get among the items transferred.
- Some of your free apps will also move if accessible on Google Play and the App Store.
- After the transfer is complete, you may go to the App Store and download any free apps that got matched.
Step 7: Create an account on your iPhone or iPad.
- When your iOS device’s loading bar finishes, tap Done on your Android device.
- Go to your iOS device, press Continue, and complete the setup by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 8: The Job is Done
- Make sure that all of your files got successfully moved. Manually transferring music, books, and PDFs are required.
- If you need to reinstall the apps that got previously installed on your Android device,, go to your iOS device’s App Store and get the task done. That’s how you can easily transfer all your information on the iPhone from Android.
What if you need help with the data transfer?
Are you facing trouble while moving data from your Android to Apple iPhone and looking for a way out? Carry out the steps mentioned below and seek help with the data transfer.
- Make sure you don’t touch either device until the transfer is complete. The iOS moving app, for example, should remain onscreen the entire time on your Android device. Your material will not transfer if you use another app or make a phone call on your Android before the transfer gets completed.
- Restart both of your gadgets and give it another shot.
- Turn off your cellular data connection on your Android handset. Then try again with the move.
- Switch off programs or settings on your Android device that could damage your Wi-Fi access. Then go to Settings, find Wi-Fi, touch and hold each recognized network, and delete the connectivity. After that, attempt again with the transmission.
That’s all about it!! Users who have recently moved from Android to iPhone may not be aware that Apple has released an app called Move to iOS that allows them to transfer files from Android to iPhone while setting up their new iPhone.
Keep in mind that the Move to iOS app is still a viable option, but you must first delete the existing data from the iOS device to get the job done right. Feel free to connect with us if you face any queries. Our experts would love to hear from you.