Apple released the second beta of iOS 16 and with-it Apple also released iPadOS 16 beta 2, watchOS 9 beta 2, tvOS 16 beta 2, macOS 13 Ventura beta 2, and HomePodOS 16 beta 2 to developers for testing purposes. The new betas bring new capabilities, features and enhance some of the modifications made by Apple with the previous iOS 16 release. Let us look at some of the changes which are noted in Developer beta 2, they are as follows:
iOS 16 beta 2 changes
- Apple has improved the editing and creation of new Lock Screens. Swiping up and touching the trash can now deletes Lock Screens that you no longer desire.
- The wallpaper selector in the Settings app has also been updated to make it obvious which wallpaper you’re changing.
- When you set a fresh photo as your wallpaper, Apple now allows you to pinch in or out to modify the cropping of that wallpaper.
- For setting images as wallpaper, there are two new filter options: colour wash and duotone.
- The dynamic Astronomy wallpaper has been updated to include a bright green dot on the map that represents your current position. The Astronomy wallpaper includes a dot that will indicate your current position on Earth.
- SMS filtering for Messages has been improved.
- iOS 16 beta 2 includes support for iCloud backup across LTE and 5G networks. Previously, you had to be connected to Wi-Fi to back up your iPhone to iCloud. Apple adds the option to backup via 5G in iOS 15. The option to do so via LTE has been added to iOS 16 Developer beta 2.
- The Earth dynamic wallpaper is now available on older devices, such as the iPhone XS and XR.
- You may now long press and scrub through a video on iOS 16’s system video player.
- Apple Cash has a new UI that displays balance as well as send and request buttons.
- The “Send and Request” interface for Apple Cash has been altered in the second beta of iOS 16. It’s now a single merged button rather than two distinct buttons, and the balance is more clearly shown.
- The Wallet app’s Apple Card interface now displays a summary of your daily/weekly/monthly rewards earned.
- If you receive a text message from an unknown sender, it appears in your Messages app’s Unknown Senders section, there is a “Report Junk” option at the bottom of the message. This feature has been accessible for years in iMessage, but iOS 16 extends it to SMS/MMS as well. Because it is dependent on your carrier, not everyone will be able to view it.
- If you have a dual-SIM phone, you may click the three- dot button at the top of the Messages list to filter your messages by the SIM number they are linked with.
- You may now save a screenshot to a Quick Note in addition to Save to Photos and Save to Files.
- App language translation: Turkish, Thai, Polish, Indonesian, and Dutch are now supported by the Translate app.
That’s it folks! These are some of the changes that we notice in the new release of iOS 16 Beta 2. If you get to know any other features that we have missed out on, then let us know in the comment section down below.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.