IOS 16.2 is already in the play with its 35 new features and security patches, and it was the perfect time for iOS 16.3 betas to be released. Since iOS 16.2 did not have any major bug issues though I wouldn’t say it was bug free, it did cause some minor inconvenience to some of the users. And since it was not so much of bugs and problems, it was time to release iOS 16.3 betas to the public and start its testing process.
IOS 16.3 public beta release date:
IOS 16.3 developers beta was already released on 14th December 2022, and just a day after the release of the developers beta, on 15th December 2022 Apple also released iOS 16.3 beta for the public alongside Apple also released macOS Ventura 13.2 public beta. Betas are strictly for testing purposes only, to run on iPhone devices and see whether there are any bugs and issues causing problems in iPhones. IOS 16.3 beta is available for download to all iOS users who have been registered with the Apple beta Software program.
iOS 16.3 public beta download
iOS 16.3 public beta has officially been released and can be downloaded by users who have signed up for beta programs on all compatible devices.
- Go to the safari browser on your iPhone.
- Search for Apple Beta Software Program.
- Log in to your account with your Apple ID.
- Get through the two factor authentication and trust the browser.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the Apple Beta Software Program.
- Click on enroll your iOS device.
- You may even go directly to the beta program webpage and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on the download profile option.
- Now click on Allow when the pop up appears on your screen.
- Tap on close when the download is complete.
- Now go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on general.
- Tap on VPN and Device Management.
- Select iOS 16.3 beta software profile.
- Install the beta update and enter your passcode to continue.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the install button.
- Go back to the general page and click on software update.
- Tap on the download and install button.
- Enter your passcode to install the software.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- You are done!
Note: it is recommended to wait for the official release instead of jumping in to download the beta profile as it may have many downfalls and also play with the performance of your device.
IOS 16.3 public beta features:
IOS 16.2 was packed with new features, which means we should hope that iOS 16.3 doesn’t end up being a bummer. Although there are many possible features that are supposed to release with iOS 16.3 according to some sources. IOS 16.3 beta is expected to come with support for FIDO Alliance Security Keys allowing users to authorize their iCloud account using a physical security key, Apple card saving accounts and pay later, Apple Music classical, advanced data protection for iCloud outside of the US.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.