Ocean waves, raindrops, and streams sounds work like therapy for people. But now, you don’t have to go out for peace as iOS 15’s Background Sounds is the best therapy for you. If you want to feel the raindrop sounds or ocean waves while listing to music, you can do that on your iPhone running iOS 15.
You heard it right. Apple added the new Background Sounds feature in the latest iOS 15, allowing users to mute annoying surrounding noise by enabling Background Sounds. The best thing about this feature is that you can also turn it on while the music is playing on your iPhone. Isn’t cool? Let’s find out how to use iOS 15’s Background Sounds on your iPhone.
How To Use Background Sounds In iOS 15 On iPhone
Background Sounds are a bit hidden under your device’s settings. Here we will show you how to set up Background Sounds from the Settings and then add them to the Control Center to use often.
How To Enable Background Sounds In iOS 15
- Open Settings app on your iPhone
- Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
- Select ‘Audio/Visual’ under the HEARING section.
- Tap on ‘Background Sounds’ and turn ON toggle next to Background Sounds.
- Below, there is Sound option where you can change background sound to Balance Noise, Bright Noise, Dark Noise, Ocean, Rain, and Stream. The default sound is set to Rain.
- You can also adjust Volume.
- There is also the option to turn toggle ON or OFF for ‘Use When Media Is Playing.’
I guess you don’t want to go to the Settings app every time you wish to play rain sound or stream sound. Therefore, you can add Background Sounds to the Control Center and then directly swipe down to turn it on or off.
How To Add and Use Background Sounds To Control Center In iOS 15
- Open Settings app.
- Tap on Control Center.
- Tap the green plus icon in front of the new Hearing icon.
- Now open Control Center, and tap the Background Sound icon at the bottom of the control center.
- You can turn ON/OFF, adjust volume, and change Background Sound.
- There is also an option to enjoy Live Listen.
Once I noticed this feature on my iPhone, I suggested my other friends; they loved it. Currently, I am in an Ocean mood. But I would love to see more sounds on the list. Apple should add more sounds in upcoming iOS 15 upgrades.
What do you think about this feature? Did this feature help you to keep your mind calm? Please share your feedback in the comment box.