Everyone was saying that iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus won’t support iOS 15. But the Apple surprised everyone by adding iOS 15 support for iPhone 6 models. Want to test it on your iPhone 6 device? Here’s the complete process to download iOS 15 on iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus.
As we know, the iPhone 6S will turn six years old this fall, and people didn’t expect iOS 15 for iPhone 6 series. So the good news for those who have managed to stay with iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus for a long time. Also, it would best for developers to test the new version of iOS on older iPhones instead of the newer ones to avoid spoiling your new device.
How To Download and Install iOS 15 on iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus
Check These Things Before Installation:
- Create a backup on your iPhone.
- Ensure that your device has a minimum 4GB storage and 50% battery.
- Go to iOS 15 Beta Profile page and download the profile.
- Tap on Allow on the popup.
- Go to Settings and tap on Profile Downloaded.
- Tap on Install, enter the passcode and again tap on Install.
- Now tap on Restart.
- Once it restarts, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Now hit the Download and Install button.
After that, your device will download and install the new iOS 15 on your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus model. Using the iOS 15 on the six-year older device will be tough and full of bugs, but you will be able to test every new feature of iOS 15. However, since the iOS 15 is still in beta form, it will also consume more battery and slow down your phone.
After using iOS 15 on iPhone 6 for some time, please do share with us in the comment box if you see any hidden gem or any serious bug.